Is anyone else disappointed with Dominion?

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 20
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MG z3rg3m3ow

09-21-2011

I just tried it and....I'm pretty disappointed with it.

I liked the quick startup and the pvp aspect of it but...

The point system felt far from straightforward
Tons of champions are (obviously) OP/UP (earlygame / mobile champs have a huuuuge advantage)
The minion and tower system seemed lackluster.
The buffs, with the exception of the speed buff, seemed....lackluster.

Is it just me? Thoughts? Comments?

Edit: Downvoted for expressing my opinion. Real community. Feel free to disagree, just voice it through your comments, not downvotes. This is a thread meant for discussion. If the thread gets closed, there can be no room for discussion. What are your thoughts on the subject?

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Sorry you didn't like it. I think the analysis of balance can't be accurate from your time, but if you didn't find the game fun or engaging, then is it because the experience you're looking for doesn't match up, or the execution doesn't deliver?
I actually think it is very engaging and the concept is definitely intriguing. I just felt it fell a bit short.

To elaborate on my thoughts:

1) Champion balance, inevitably, is a bit lacking. You need to be either a tanky dps, a high mobility champion, or a strong earlygame champion. There isn't much room for endgame champions that can be shut down early, as objectives must be constantly fought for, from the start. Snowballing will probably be very common. There isn't room for low-mobility champions. Mages have a hard time with mana and sustain. Even teamfighting champions don't fare well, since it would be uncommon for big teamfights to occur..I mean...there are multiple objectives to keep track of, and mobile heroes are bound to abound (getting to objectives quickly, being able to chase and escape on such a small map).

2) Garrison feels useless. The tower system falls short in my opinion. The range can be worked around (it's pretty short..), especially considering they shut down whenever you're capturing the objective. I don't feel it has real power compared to other summoner spells, specially since mobility and teamfighting at different parts of the map play such an important aspect. The only time I could see it being good is for its offensive capability, trying to rush/kill people at a particular objective...

3) The creeps seem more of an afterthought than actual important objectives to keep track of. Yes, they grant gold, but you can circle around them to capture objectives and most of the game is focused on constant fights and objective control, as that is the primary way to win the game. They don't seem to offer anything important to the game except a bit of afk farming (Although, promote might be interesting to work with. Can't give an opinion on that yet)

4) The neutral buffs seem lackluster in general (With the exception of the movement speed buff). The healing packs are extremely low-values. The shields were a really cool concept, but I again feel as if the values are "meh." They can be broken through pretty easily, especially considering the types of champs that will probably dominate (Garen, Lee Sin, Akali, etc)

I just felt that the execution fell short. The objectives set in place seem lackluster and the focus is misplaced.

SoulProvider

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

Just you.

AychAychAych

09-21-2011

Well it is nice and exciting.
Mindless fun and don't expect anything more.

SarkisCastro

09-21-2011

sucks if your a caster which I am, so theres that

MG z3rg3m3ow

09-21-2011

bump for feedback.

rianad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2011

complaining about downvotes? down votes are ways we can express our opinions obviously peoples opinion of what u have to say is they dont agree

MG z3rg3m3ow

09-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rianad View Post
complaining about downvotes? down votes are ways we can express our opinions obviously peoples opinion of what u have to say is they dont agree
This thread is meant for discussion. If it gets closed from downvotes, no discussion can occur. Disagreeing is fine, and listing your reasons for disagreeing is even better.

That hasn't really happened in this thread. Basically people are like "I LUV DOMINION. U...U SHADDAP CUS U DON'T LUV IT LIEK ME"

I was wondering if anyone else was disappointed with it and why, as well as what the reasons are for liking it, for the people that do like it.

Soljinz

09-21-2011

I just see kogmaw,mundo, and jax being op so far but that it, and its meh for me gimme 20 more games ill repost my thoughts.

A Hungry Grue

09-21-2011

I think it accomplishes what it set out to be.

It's insanely fast, and it's a lot of fun.

Why have a convoluted point system?

an actual girl

09-21-2011

I just absolutely do not care about Dominion at all. The style of gameplay doesn't appeal to me. I'm glad they're adding more game modes, I'm just not interested in KOTH/Arathi Basin though.

And before you morons downvote, I know WoW didn't invent the style, doesn't mean that Dominion is not EXACTLY like Arathi Basin save the item buying.

1234511 ... 20