Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Dominion Limited Beta Begins Today!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

valine1231

09-22-2011

Ridiculous baddest most soul grabbing game mode i have ever played it just makes you drool and want more. The speed and skill set are kicked to 11 Riot i must say you have out done yourself in setting this bar very high my friends.

KILLTRONICUS

09-22-2011

Classic kind of feels like methadone now.

Icuonuez

09-22-2011

So.. Why is this in Limited Beta? The only problems I saw were time-related. People should learn to be patient if it means open beta dominion.

michelada

09-22-2011

i rage so hard with my team mates at dominion but even so its really fun.

Sephrinx

09-22-2011

Was it good for you too?

masoe

09-23-2011

2AM PDT isn't "off-peak"?

Chandelure

09-23-2011

Quote:
masoe:
2AM PDT isn't "off-peak"?

I doubt 11:30am ~ 9:30 pm is considered "off-peak" either lol.

Leesangel

09-23-2011

Anyplace to add comments about the game, tweaks, suggestions, ect ?

FraggingBard

09-23-2011

Quote:
NeoBahamut19:
The point is they lied about a release date, yet again. There are so many things they have announced and backed out on (see Flash rework).
FYI, everyone already has the files on their system.

They also backed out of pulling the Normal Draft mode, sometimes they listen to us. And they patched Shaco. ^ ^ Flash makes for a much more aggressive game and since they're going for that, why would they pull it? You don't need Flash, unless you plan on being stupid and need a quick exit. Personally I think full time supports like Soraka/Sona also make the game more aggressive, but that's just me.

I did notice a few issues with Dominion, every now and then everything seemed to freeze, I'd get stuck in odd places, near the entrance to the spawn for either team, but more usually the opposing sides. Not all heroes are balanced for Dominion, to the point where I'd say around half of them you wouldn't bother with, too squishy, can be tower dived too easily. If they want to balance heroes, that's going to take a lot more time. :P Actually funny, Soraka may actually be pretty good in Dominion, tanky dps ftw. Note the freezing could be due to lag spikes, Aus so I get those. But the getting stuck near a spawn entrance happened to other people as well. 'shrugs'

You may have participated in a lot of Beta's, but you're still not quite sure how they work, are you. If you release a product that has bugs in it, even if the dev didn't know about them, everyone is going to think your game is horrible. See the Neocore game King Arthur: The Roleplaying Wargame. Pretty fun game, but had a tendency to crash to the desktop. They patched all the bugs out.. A while ago now, but all the reviews which proclaim then terrible still exist and people still think the game is horrible.

Beta doesn't mean finished, it does mean not as many bugs, if you're playing really, really buggy beta's then chances are you're playing an Alpha. Just a bit of user testing left, live testing in the case of multiplayer games (seeing how the servers cope with it, what demand is like, do they need to move resources around), seeing what players do and does it bug out the game. Teleport on Gangplank is a recent example, sometimes the code just doesn't do what you think it's going to. Beta's can last for a while, live testing is a good sign, should see it within a month or two. Think of it like a Christmas present from Riot and relax. I would like to point out Duke Nukem and Half Life 2, any fan of those games will tell you that Dominion could come out in the next two years and still be considered a quick release.

Quote:
thebigstop:
dominion queues will be longer to improve performance, that means i wont get to play. been in the queue for over an hour. i wanted to play an hour ago

It's worth the wait, one of those things you have to play at least once, and will probably end up playing a lot more. Different skillset required for this one.

Quote:
XoPIGGYHUNTERoX:
Riot should post the hours when the Beta will be up. A friend of mine missed it the first time because of college work.

Might I suggest you read the OP before commenting?

Quote:
Over the coming days, we’ll be opening testing windows on our platforms during off-peak hours, each of which will be prefaced by a forum announcement to let you know you can and participate. And if you miss one of the testing windows, remember that there will be plenty more opportunities to help test Dominion as we speed toward launch!

On topic, it's a wonderful game mode which seems like it could get a very dedicated group, to the point where Summoners Rift has no-one in it. Personally I like S.R., different skillset and one which I'm fond of. Guerrilla war with Shaco or Fate is pretty fun. As is waiting till they rush mid then going up the side with Yi, Trynd, or Tristana and punching through to their nexus while they deal with the defenders. Not something you'd see in Dominion, but you also wouldn't see everyone wearing Boots of Mobility either.

It's fun, addictive, and will definitely spice up the game. In the meantime, Normal has Draft mode, lets go ban a Trynd.

FraggingBard

09-23-2011

Quote:
KILLTRONICUS:
Classic kind of feels like methadone now.

'Watches House, rolls Summoners Rift as Swain'