Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Things LVL 30s should know: long post

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seltenspieler

06-02-2010

Quote:
Miles Long:
So basically...

I provide constructive feedback.
I provide constructive qq.
I provide qq qq.
I qq qq qq.
Qq qq qq qq.

Seltenspieler

06-02-2010

The last hitting advice cannot be stressed enough. I recently had two games soloing mid as Kat vs Teemo (with regrowth and ap... ouch, poison!) and Annie vs Ash (with MP/5... ouch, Volley!). Farming down their waves, i had around 2 or 3 less minion kills while under my tower, but didnt have to bluepill once and wasnt able to be ganked or even harrased greatly by them.
Once turning lvl 6, i shunpo'ed / flashed them and had them at 20%.
Then they tried to farm the next wave coming and i took them down.

After the first death, the farming stayed at mid due to them being more defensive, but i repeated that three times until they did nothing but tower hug and let me get the hp to take the turret down anyway.

gg.

Oh yes, staying back until lvl 6 can be quite tempting, but you dont die, you cant get ganked, you still get gold and the same amount of xp (or even more if you can force them out a bit with the backup of your tower), but only IF your enemy doenst last hit. If he does as soon as you are snared by your turet, youre screwed.

ChoArrim

06-02-2010

really great post! didnt really think of the last hitting part until now ^^

TheAngryMunchkin

06-02-2010

Please sticky this for great justice!

Adel Dijerek

06-02-2010

Nthing the request for a sticky, if only because Kaiju models make me happy.

That aside...I have to express my disagreement with the "last hit under tower" section. Everything else is spot on, but you should always counterpush to at least bush distance if you get pushed to tower. Alone with the enemy minions and your tower, you might be able to last hit efficiently...but that ignores your own minions getting in the way and adding overkill damage to screw up your last hits badly. It's just not worthwhile to remain in that situation because your own minions will make it impossible to farm up. It's absolutely a worthwhile skill to learn anyway, but one you should only use if you're stuck playing Hard D while your partner gets back to lane or the like.

StretchyStretch

06-03-2010

Very good post, but I think that only last hitting isn't always best, pushing a tower and doing as much damage as you can is important. Getting the last hits is important, but you shouldn't stop attacking completely if it's not a last hit, especially for ranged. Also, the thing about last hitting near your tower, your minions are usually attacking the minion the tower is hitting, so it will die after two tower hits, making it harder to last hit when tower hugging, which is why pushing towers is important.

I should mention that you have to be smart and not fall prey to a gank at an enemy tower, it's almost impossible to run all the way from an enemy tower back to yours without dying, so yea, don't always fight at the enemy tower.

Persecuted

06-03-2010

I agree with most of what this dude says although not everything. You newer players should pretty much abide by these guidelines. I believe that this game is highly economical, since items have such a strong impact. Last hitting will boost your economical game greatly.

DangIt

06-03-2010

good thread OP.

just wanna add in...

plz dont create a friggin drama at chat just cuz ur laning partner "got" you killed. I was in a game today where in our other lane, the two of them started ripping each other in chat blaming each other, and while they were typing they both died and the tower got taken. Such a stupid reason for death... cuz u were rage blaming someone on chat.

Seltenspieler

06-03-2010

Folks, you dont just stand there doing nothing but last hitting when you are ranged.

Last hitting is the ground rule. You do that when none of the following does apply:
- enemy in range: auto attack him (or harass him via any of your spammable skills, e.g. Kat, Shen, Akali, Morde and, more carefully, any other low cd spell)
- chance to do something else useful, e.g. chase and kill, force out of range and OFC help your teammate if he is in trouble)

He said these things, but the text is long, so its kind of overwhelming.
Formatting to something like: "1. Last hitting, how and why 2. When to stop last hitting" might help.

Gorchek

06-03-2010

Can you add to that post: "level 30s don't build Malady or Berserker Greaves."

Please?