Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riven Jungle Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trayes

Recruiter

09-20-2011

What do you guys do. No matter what I do I feel weaker then other junglers. Udyr gets way more tanky and deals way more damage.

My build looks like this most of the time.

Wriggles
Merc Treads
Ghostblade
Frozen Mallet

And that is pretty much the end of the game. I feel like if the game keeps going on I will need more tanking stats. However If I do that my damage will be very sub par. I feel like I need a LW and a BT if I want to keep up with a tanky jungle Udyr.

edenechoes

09-20-2011

The reason you do no damage is because outside of the active, Ghostblade gives you 5 ArPen, 5 CDR, and 5 damage for 1,350g. Frozen Mallet gives you 2 damage for 1,935g. For a champion who scales with AD, the worst way to get your damage up is to buy items that aren't price to damage efficient. I'd skip the Ghostblade and just get a Brutalizer to start. If you want, purchase the Phage but save on finishing the Mallet. That gives you 3,285g to buy damage. Mallet is strong, but you won't need it every match, and you're paying a lot for non-damage stats and the utility function.

EDIT: My bad. 1,350 + 1,935 = 3,285g, not 3,250g.

Sh0ck And Awe

09-20-2011

Quote:
edenechoes:
The reason you do no damage is because outside of the active, Ghostblade gives you 5 ArPen, 5 CDR, and 5 damage for 1,350g. Frozen Mallet gives you 2 damage for 1,935g. For a champion who scales with AD, the worst way to get your damage up is to buy items that aren't price to damage efficient. I'd skip the Ghostblade and just get a Brutalizer to start. If you want, purchase the Phage but save on finishing the Mallet. That gives you 3,250g to buy damage. Mallet is strong, but you won't need it every match, and you're paying a lot for non-damage stats and the utility function.

you just made me question my league career

Trayes

Recruiter

09-20-2011

Quote:
edenechoes:
The reason you do no damage is because outside of the active, Ghostblade gives you 5 ArPen, 5 CDR, and 5 damage for 1,350g. Frozen Mallet gives you 2 damage for 1,935g. For a champion who scales with AD, the worst way to get your damage up is to buy items that aren't price to damage efficient. I'd skip the Ghostblade and just get a Brutalizer to start. If you want, purchase the Phage but save on finishing the Mallet. That gives you 3,285g to buy damage. Mallet is strong, but you won't need it every match, and you're paying a lot for non-damage stats and the utility function.

The active on Ghostblade is great for tower pushing. I do however hold on to brute+Blade until I finish my mallet. Mallet lets me make sure I cam controlling for my team as well as giving me lots of HP.

I need lots of Damage and Lots of HP. Atmogs would be a great choice if it worked.

Dabba

09-20-2011

I run her 21/0/9 with 5 flat AD marks, 4 arpen marks, flat armor seals, flat cdr glyphs, flat AD quints.

I build her Wriggles, Merc Treads, Brutalizer, Spirit Visage, Phage, Atmas, finish Frozen Mallet, finish Ghostblade.

At the end of it all you have near max CDR (34%), 2.9k hps, 300 AD with your ult active (which with less than 30 second cooldown it always is in a fight), and 150+ armor and 120+ magic resist. Ive found it to be pretty effective. She does respectable aoe damage, and is a top tier disruptor with 2 channel interrupts on a low cd. Shes also pretty effective at peeling melee dps off your ranged carries if your tanks are too busy chasing kills to do their jobs.

edenechoes

09-20-2011

Riven is a mid-game bruiser / carry with a development curve similar to Pantheon. Get a Brutalizer. Strap a B.F. Sword to your Brutalizer. Finish your Mercury's Treads. Beat people to death with your B.F.-Brutalizer-Sword. That seems to be the best approach.

Someone informed me that Atma's Impaler does work with Art of War. I had to check in a custom game and he was correct. Even though the damage on the passive isn't properly updated, you do get extra damage from the Art of War stacks. I still think it's not a great item because the % CS isn't entirely useful for Broken Wings, but it can help with the durability / damage problem. In general though, I'd rather just get a B F Sword and a Chain Vest.