Pantheon build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heyx3

09-20-2011

Can anyone help me? Idk what to build with him, hes too squish and i really need some help guys!

Ps: Sry my bad english

Thx!

Heyx3

09-20-2011

Ty dude!
I ll try this build, sounds better than what im trying this days. Brutalizer, boots and atmogs.

M4nTiCoR3

09-20-2011

I see pantheon as more of a Physical Damage Mage. He is basicly a caster whos spells deal Physical damage. To maximiaze his potential DPS you must build him more like a typical AP burst mage, without the AP. If yo maximize his AD, Arpen, and CDR...generally in that order, you may find yourself having a lot more success.

Like a caster, you need to change up your playstyle. He is not very good at duking it out in a slugfest. He needs to kite and use hit and run tactics until his enemies reach that all important point of spawn return. That is, when your full combo will either outright kill them, or drop them below 15% of thier max health. Once they reach this point Pantheon will have a much easier time standing toe to toe with them since all his Auto-attacks will Crit, and his Spear will gain bonus damage as well. If your enaging with melee attacks before this point your doing it wrong.

That being said, he really should not be focusing on collecting stats that benfit melee attackers. In the process of colecting AD, Arpen, and CDR, you will tend to grab some of these stats, which is fine, but focusing on any of them is genrally not going to be optimal. Thus purpously seeking out things like AS, Crit%, Lifesteal, and on hit effects only puts you in compromising situations, as you need to be in melee rage to take advantage of them, and Pan is a crappy melee champ.

His shield proc benfits from AS, true, but you also build refresh stacks from casting your high damage spells at safe ranges just as fast if you buy CDR. None of his spells will acually apply normal crits so crit % is wasted when you cast spell which you should be doing...alot), and he gets a free 100% crit whenever they drop below 15% total health, so its watsed there too. Only his basic melee attacks benfit from crit, and only when champions are at high health. His spells will also not proc any onhit effects including lifesteal, so they are generally wasted as well. Trust me, avoid getting these stats if they dont offer you other things you need.

Items I really like on him now include...

Brutalizer-->Ghostblade

Glacial Shroud-->Frozen Heart

Catalyst-->Banshee's Veil

Hexdrinker (if they keep nuking you or have Karthus)

Lastwhisper (extream lategame if enemy has AR)

3 x BFS's (as many as you can fit in your inventory with boots and defenseive items before upgrading them, as 2-3 BFS is genrally worth more to Pantheon than the bonuses you get form upgrading them. If all you're slots are full feel free to get an IE or whatever else you want.)

Good luck on finding a build that works for you,

-gap81

Insecta Vespa

09-21-2011

u need whisper that all

Heyx3

09-21-2011

Wow great post gap81, i ll try my best with him guys!

Im doing a little better with him now, lets see whats happening XD

Ty all for the help!

fugdyou

09-21-2011

i myself main pantheon and i have a build that i have never gotten less than 14 kills with and never more that 9 deaths. my best game with this build was 20/2
runes: 9 Greater Mark of Desolation
6 greater seal of shielding
3 greater seal of defense
9 greater glyph of replenishment (gives enough mana regen to spam spears for early harass)
3 greater quintessence of desolation
I start with a dorans blade. then i get another and work on phage. after phage i get mercury treads. then atmas impaler, upgrade to frozen mallet, wits end,IE, and warmogs.
at end game i 1v1 fed akalis. you end with 4k hp 120 of each resist decent attack speed and crit for 700 you also have 280 attack damage. if you want you can switch IE for Blood thirster. i prefer the crits tho.
masteries are 21/6/3

M4nTiCoR3

09-22-2011

Atma's can be good on Pan if you manage to get over 2,500 Total Health before you buy it. At that point it offers roughly the same AD/Gold that a BFS grants and provides you with something like ~50 AD. If you dont have that much Health, its not as effecient at granting AD as a BFS, but it does offer some AR. The Crit is pretty uch a waste as described above, but if the enemy team is stacked with physical champs, its worthy of a slot i suppose.

Another item that i have tinkered with is Manamune. It completely solves his mana issues, but I always feel like such a dork running down my lane and spaming HSS every time its off CD to build up the bonus mana. Even then, i have rarely got it above +500 mana or so, but if you plan on buying BV or FH, or both of those items...it does offer some nice returns on AD.

Jairoe

09-22-2011

I personally prefer to start off with 2x Doran's Blade and an Ionian Boots as a foundation, 3x Doran's Blade if I'm struggling, then move into Ghostblade which brings you to near max CDR fairly quick for not too much gold. If you feel you can use the Mana Regen, I would suggest going Manamune or Chalice if you need the MR. He really doesn't need a heavy Mana Regen item though. After that, I get Triforce and it usually works fairly well. An alternative is Bloodthirster but the item isn't nearly as versatile where as Triforce includes a bit more. Bloodthirster is a lot cheaper and easier to get to if you need some quick damage asap.

Generally my issue with gap's build is that its all offense and hardly any defense available which is vital for him especially when he stuns. It includes very little health and you need a good balance between health and defense generally a little heavier on health side since armor/MR provide extra defense on a curve (the higher you go, the less each point provides overall). Hence where health is slightly more important because its a flat increase to his defenses.

Masteries and runes on myself is focused on defense to allow me to focus on offense more so early on. Its vital to get top defense mastery talent for the 4% damage reduction. My runes go, M: Armor Pen, S: armor flat, glyph: MR flat, Quints: health flat. Again, it lays a good foundation to survive early on to hopefully lead to more gold and keep you ahead of the game. Damage is useless if you can't survive the beats.

Side note: I agree with gap where Crit %, AS, and Lifesteal isn't that useful. His playstyle isn't the usual melee ad. You want to treat him kind of like a psuedo ranged early on where you max out Spear Shot and poke minions for last hits or champs for harrass. Later game, you want to set up good Heartstrikes to catch at least 2 if not 3 enemy champs during team fights. Heartstrike is probably best to max out last since its damage depends on much higher AD which you don't start out with. Spear shot and his stun offers more in the early game.

AchillesLastStnd

09-25-2011

I've been starting out games with a Meki Pendant and 2 health pots. I put one point in each ability starting with spear shot and get Spear Shot to level 4 then max HHS (putting points in Grand Skyfall along the way).

The Meki Pendant allows you to spam Spear Shot which will do some serious damage early game with armor pen runes.

From there I go 2 Doran's Blades, Brutalizer, Mercury Treads, Atma's Impaler. Then it really depends on what the other team is building. Some situational items I usually build are:

Frozen Mallot
Warmog's Armor
Hexdrinker
Infinity Edge
Last whisper