[Guide] Twitch, The Plague From Down Below (Carry DPS build) -SmecssRaege-

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KaptainKrunch

11-25-2009

Very good guide. I just used this guide with twitch and went 14-4-5. Thanks for the help!

TheBuzzKiII

11-30-2009

Good guide. Love the map that shows where you should stand in a 5v5 battle. Will try this out tonight and report.

Nastharl

11-30-2009

The problem i have with the build is that for the first 3 items, you're building basically no damage. Tons of attack speed sure, but no ability to do much in a team fight, or vs a tank, or in a number of different situations.

Its great vs noobs and random 1v1s against squishies, but against competant teams, being able to shoot really fast isn't going to help as much as being able to shoot fast and KILL things.

You cant carry when your entire DPS wad is blown at expunge.

SmecssRaege

11-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastharl View Post
The problem i have with the build is that for the first 3 items, you're building basically no damage. Tons of attack speed sure, but no ability to do much in a team fight, or vs a tank, or in a number of different situations.

Its great vs noobs and random 1v1s against squishies, but against competant teams, being able to shoot really fast isn't going to help as much as being able to shoot fast and KILL things.

You cant carry when your entire DPS wad is blown at expunge.

There is damage, you just are turning a blind eye to it.

Malady, +6 damage on every shot, and every tick of poisin, and every time your teammate hit's as well.

It shouldnt take a rocket scientest to realize that adds up to a lot of damage very fast (as both shot's AND poisin ticks increase maladys proc and benefit from it)

And Wit's end is 2200 gold, for 42 PURE damage (as in not prevented by armor)

BF sword is 50 damage (negatable by armor...so ends up being more like 35-40) for 1850 gold..... so you are paying 350 gold for 40% attack speed, 32 MR, and a mana drain

so yes, your first two items provide you with +78 *PURE* damage a shot, and not to mention an extra 36 pure damage on every tick of your poisin

*at least last i heard they were pure damage, if that's not true ill gladly change my post*

iNovaz

02-24-2010

Very nice Twitch build, I plan on using this, it seems to be very successful, you did an excellent job with this.

SmecssRaege

02-24-2010

Thank you very much, i might be editing this soon to remove the wit's end, as nowadays i just don't feel it serves the purpose well enough =S but we shall see

neckbeard

02-25-2010

I really enjoy wits end, with heal and a good ambush you can take a mana user down insanely fast, they might try to attack you but before they know it they will be out of mana.

Also I too am having great problems with ashe, I usually go middle *as does she* and she is able to outrange me like no other. Is there any way to harass her better? *i get a vamp scepter and let her drain her mana on me with her multi shot, you can pretty much tell when she wants to use it, and even if it hits you you can stay back and leech off of creeps, then when she gets low on mana I invis and jump her as hard as i can, which usally isnt enough, unless she is stupid and thinks she can take me, then i will stack 6 poisons and heal followed by an expunge, is that about all you can do?*

By the way your guide is beyond great, I've only been playing twitch one day and I have 10 wins with 1 loss, and a 2:1 kd ratio *there were a couple games where I kept getting ganked and ended up with a 1:4 kd ratio, mostly with tristana, does anyone have any good advice against her? she seems to push my **** in always, I guess twitch has to have ateast one counter?*

SmecssRaege

02-25-2010

ashe can be tricky

but nowadays since the change to debilitating poisin yesterday

if you have exhaust:

you can stealth behind her, drop exhaust right away, landing 2-5 shots, and then drop debilitating poisin, for a big slow, and finish up with an expunge...if those shots and expunge dont kill her, it will certainly push her off the lane.

And as far as tristana goes...yeah, she's pretty much one of the few heros that can really push the DPS out like twitch (she's almost like twitch minus the stealth and sick AoE ulti)

her rapid fire is an anytime use +70% attack speed... vs your ambush which has to be popped from stealth, or spray and pray which has a heftier cooldown

and she has her rending shot (explosive shot active) which cuts your life leech in half

and she's got her ulti which can be used as a spike or a repositioning tool, pretty good skillset to fight twitch with more or less :P

Infectious

06-28-2010

So, I read the first page. That's all, saying that now.

First of all, I'm only summoner level 7, and I have all 7 of my points in Offense, as I play very aggressively.

Here's how I played Twitch my last game:

Start with Ambush + Dagger (15% Attack Speed) and work my way towards Berserker Greaves (25% Attack Speed, Enhanced Movement 2)

I find Ambush Useful for low level ganking, There's lots of harassment at low levels and it's perfect for sneaking in and getting in that lost shot on a champion.

I usually put 1 point into Ambush, then Expunge followed by debilitating poison for level 3, then I often switch back and forth between Ambush & Expunge until I can put a point into Spray and Pray which I get as soon as possible.

Spray and Pray is very effective when the opposing teams champions are pushing slightly more in your lane, when they're making an attack on your tower, stealth in behind them and shoot off a Spray and Pray, they either have to run towards your tower (Bad Idea) or run towards you and past you (Also a bad idea) to get away. Whichever option they choose, they'll almost never get away, and if they look like they're about to, you can use Expunge if they're slightly lower on HP to get that last killing blow, or if they have slightly more HP left, debilitating poison so you can keep pounding them.
Also, some people may say "Why would they try and run away, wouldn't they just attack you?"
Well, often people get scared, you had the encountering attack and they don't have time to think, so they run.. not to mention, once a champion starts attacking you, they receive priority over the minions from the tower, and begin being attacked by the tower, leading them to run.

Anyhow, back to items. I played my second game as Twitch, and these were the items I used and the order in which I got them:

#1 Berserker Greaves
#2 Madred's Bloodrazor
#3 Stark's Fervor
#4 Infinity Edge
#5 The Bloodthirster
#6 Frozen Mallet

It was a very long game, but I had a good start and I wanted the game to last, so I never pushed too hard and I kept building myself before making a final push (I blasted into their base, taking out their towers, inhibitors and champions with minimal support)

As well, for my 2 spells I had chosen Heal (Lifesaver in plenty of situations when you only need a few more hits to take them down) and Clarify which keeps you from making frequent runs back to base to replenish mana in the early game, where much of what you do has a huge impact on the game to come.

I feel Lifesteal is very critical to your survival no matter how you like to play, otherwise you'll have frequent runs back to base to heal up, or be stacking health regeneration items.

The way to play Twitch, in my opinion, is to scout around the map, and getting champion kills. Minions are out of the question pretty much, once you start getting mid-game, unless you are stacking Attack Damage and Lifesteal with Bloodthirster. Nearly all of my gold I had gotten from champion kills, with little bonuses from minions to push me to the next item.

This build seemed to work very well for me, against the champions I was facing anyhow. I was off to a good start with 5 kills within the first few minutes.

I'll say this as well, if you stack your damage high, and find your team in a battle, against a few (3 or possibly more) champions, you can run in from the side and pretty much kill all 3 of them with Spray and Pray, I had done this multiple times in the few games I've played.

I ended my second game as Twitch with 43 kills and 1 death.
Twitch is probably now my new favourite character.
It may not be perfect, but this is how I played Twitch, if anyone can get anything from it, cheers.

Thanks for the tips Smecss I've learned a few things and hope to implement them into my gameplay as Twitch.

Enduring Honor

08-31-2010

Twitch is awesome XD i love him as a champ and tbh his only real downside is his armor but that can be ignored after when ur lifesteal+dmg+DPS is AMAZING

Ok, this is to the people that claimed vamp sceptre isnt a good starting item..

well the problem is.. IT IS (props to the guide ^^) FOR TWO REASONS:

1) Twitch, in the beginning, is meant to poison people from a hidden position and make them pessed off enuf that they keep backing up; sort of like gold starving them. they mite get a few shots on u but overall the dmg u do shuld be more because of ur poison (Together with the finishing expunge, even if they dont die, dmg is huge) WELL where vamp sceptre comes in is that u never have to go back unles u get outlvled and or someone fed. the pple get poisoned and stay back and ocasionaly jump in to harass but instead of being pessed off, u just kill minions for GOLD+EXP+LIFE!!!!!!!!!! and if they do get close enuf, again just poison their ass

2) Vamp Sceptre upgraded to Malady is pretty much good game to the opposing team if u get it fast. anyways, early kills with twitch is very very common. malady increases ur atk speed by freaking 50% and think about it, u get it at 1400g when u get vamp sceptre first. this means at lvl 5 (if ur half decent =D) ur hitting uber fast with uber poison and u get LIFE while ur at it. Mite i say more? ok fine i will...LISTEN TO THIS---> with 6 stacks of malady and 6 stacks of poison on someone, like srsly THINK ABOUT IT... how much do u hurt a lvl 5 or lvl 6 opponent!??!?!?!

Many people say get boots (Berserker greaves if u must) first before malady but twitch has slow for a reason and mite i say... just slow em if theyr faster. who cares how long? all u need is 5 seconds and if ur close enuf with ambush u get 6 shots in easily with malady. then 6stacks of malady and 6 stacks of poison... again game to them. THEN EXPUNGE!!!!

Ive played twitch forever and after all that, the best possible item set up is this:

Step 1) VAMP SCEPTRE
Step 2) MALADY
Step 3) BERSERKER GREAVES
Step 4) INFINITY EDGE (crit dmg passive + 20% crit+ EIGHTY FREAKING DAMAGE!?!?! -- gg)
----At this point, you'll be getting a SHETLOAD of kills----
Step 5) PHANTOM DANCER (more movement + crit + atk speed)
----At this point, your attack speed + appearing from ambush shuld max your atk speed more or less----
Step 6) BLACK CLEAVER (75 dmg + reduction in armor? nuff said)
---If u get this far. imo, twitch is even stronger than yi in end game if u use him rite but after black do this-->)
Step 7) Sell Berserker greaves and get another PHANTOM DANCER (betr crit + now u have 2 pd so dodge is a possibility)
Step 8) Sell Malady and get HEXTECH GUNBLADE!!!!! (the maladies poison is useless now since in uber end game, dmg is only thing that matrs and hextech gives u lifesteal so staying power is also there + AP+DMG)

And yeah... the skill build is all up 2 u but i like being balanced with upgrading skills evenly since Twitch has great skills in all areas. (ONE MAJOR THING TO WATCH OUT FOR---> Madreds Bloodrazor shuld be considered at times because twitch is just freaking squishy and dies rely fast on ganks....