[Guide] Twitch, The Plague From Down Below (Carry DPS build) -SmecssRaege-

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

smoockn

Member

11-13-2009

great guide, i got 21/2/10 on a game, thanks!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WykZ

Member

11-13-2009

Really nice guide, have helped me alot!

A question tho, how long does expunge stack on target?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alcapowned

Senior Member

11-14-2009

I've started playing Twitch receneltly and love his playstyle and how his ultimate works. His ultimate is so worked around positioning (more so than any other ultimate i know of)
One thing that i've noticed is that not many Twitchs get Tiamat. Tiamat is an amazing item. Early game it provides good mana and hp regen to stay in the lane and midgame it also gives good damage but in teamfights the value of Timat is extremely worth it.
Because the ultimate fires linear line missiles that hit every target it goes through, the tiamat also splashs AROUND each target it hits through and the splash is quite good.
If you use spray and pray on a teamfight and hit 2 heroes(thats a decent ulti placement) then it will deal normal damage to both heroes but then EXTRA damage to both heroes (the splash on one hero hits the other and vice versa) This works even better when there are creeps around the hero. It can turn the team fight around because you can single handly at 1000 range hit multiple heroes multiple times.
Also tiamat makes farming easier for items that require saving up for like Infinity Blade and Black Cleaver(B.F Sword)
Just my two cents feel free to reply/discuss


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

alcapowned

Senior Member

11-17-2009

Quote:
3) Vampiric scepter is not a good starting item. It would be better to start making some berzerks or a philosopher's stone. For defensive build, I would go with a shield for extra health and regen.
To get Dagger+Potion or Boots or Meki Pendant+ potions or Regrowth pendant is sort of useless for Twitch. Twitch is a ranged hero so it generally can benefit from staying back and lifestealing to regain hp. Philosopher's stone is just a waste because Twitch shouldnt have mana problems if you use your mana efficiently. Shield is not bad but Dorians (weapon) is better because it also gives hp but it gives DAMAGE and gold over time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WykZ

Member

11-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by WykZ View Post
Really nice guide, have helped me alot!

A question tho, how long does expunge stack on target?

Really? No one knows?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OneWingX

Junior Member

11-18-2009

Thanks for the great guide; I've also been playing around with a modified version of it. I think malady>boots>wit's end is pretty much perfect, but after that I tend to go phage>bloodrazors>infinity edge. Phage is dirt cheap, and makes you an absolute nightmare for any non-tank hero foolish enough to wander off alone, as well as adding some survivability. Bloodrazors are again cheap and let you waste creep waves in seconds without use of your ulti. The other advantage of these two is that if the game goes on longer they both have relevant things that they can be upgraded into.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sephofdeath

Member

11-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by WykZ View Post
A question tho, how long does expunge stack on target?
Really? No one knows?
well, the reason no one knows how long expunge stacks is because expunge does not stack (read the champion database before you ask)... expunge removes the poison debuffs completely and deals damage to the champion(s) according to how many poison stacks were on them. the poison stacks for about the same time as the max dehabilitating poison does... around 5 seconds? but it doesn't really matter because if they are still alive after the stacks wore off (and you didn't hit expunge), you are playing twitch wrong.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WykZ

Member

11-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephofdeath View Post
well, the reason no one knows how long expunge stacks is because expunge does not stack (read the champion database before you ask)... expunge removes the poison debuffs completely and deals damage to the champion(s) according to how many poison stacks were on them. the poison stacks for about the same time as the max dehabilitating poison does... around 5 seconds? but it doesn't really matter because if they are still alive after the stacks wore off (and you didn't hit expunge), you are playing twitch wrong.

Sorry I meant what you explained, how long the poison stack and how long time you have to hit the expunge! I agree and thanks for the answer!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sanhosee

Junior Member

11-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcapowned View Post
To get Dagger+Potion or Boots or Meki Pendant+ potions or Regrowth pendant is sort of useless for Twitch. Twitch is a ranged hero so it generally can benefit from staying back and lifestealing to regain hp.
When I'm facing Ashe 1on1 in the beginning (that's suprisingly often) I do like to get regrowth pendant as she outharasses me and pendant helps to counter this. Which brings me to my actual question: is there another way to counter an Ashe 1on1 in the beginning? Because I'm beginning to lose my nerve with her.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WykZ

Member

11-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanhosee View Post
When I'm facing Ashe 1on1 in the beginning (that's suprisingly often) I do like to get regrowth pendant as she outharasses me and pendant helps to counter this. Which brings me to my actual question: is there another way to counter an Ashe 1on1 in the beginning? Because I'm beginning to lose my nerve with her.

I use Ignite to get the upperhand