[Guide] Twitch, The Plague From Down Below (Carry DPS build) -SmecssRaege-

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmecssRaege

09-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMonkey View Post
Nice guide SmecssRaege! I found it very useful. I just played a 17/1/6 game with twitch and I am very satisfied with him.

Comments:
1) I take expunge first, then invisibility. Expunge gives you that last extra hit while harassing (2 kills at lvl 1!).
2) I know a lot of high lvls like flash, but with invisibility, I find it sort of pointless. I would take heal, because it has a fairly low cooldown (for a summoner spell), and it can be used to surprise opponents in combo with expunge to get you ahead in a 1v1 in early game (a good early game with Twitch is pretty important in my opinion; getting ahead allows you to harass well). It can also give you a boost in health while running away while turning on invisibility.
3) Vampiric scepter is not a good starting item. It would be better to start making some berzerks or a philosopher's stone. For defensive build, I would go with a shield for extra health and regen.
4) I like your wit's end+malady build. Amazing attack rate--good to have for getting quick 6 poisons and an expunge. Very nice XD.
5) I find another good person to lane with is Teemo. You can take turns harassing, and he gives speed buff when he runs. Also, his mushrooms are good at covering your back. Double poisoning=win!

Overall, good guide. The "team" section really helped. Thx.

1) Yes, that is prety much what i do, but with a couple levels of slow mixed in just to get a bit of insurance to get 2-3 more shots off

2) i explained why i used flash, and my personal feelings still remain the same, since flash is so commonly used, flash is a GREAT use as ANTI-FLASH to still get your kills

and as an alternative id still use flash...true heal is good for early game...but my mindset is to plan for mid-late / late game ownage, and flash chasing or cleanse do that job better IMHO... and this is why i said, summoner skills are very personal in accordance to opinion ^_^

3) i find that its really not a bad starting item...even at level 1, you leech approx 6-7hp a hit... and shoot maybe 1.5 seconds per shot give or take...in a 5 second ratio, thats approx 18hp / 5...which is as good as a regrowth pendant, as long as you can auto attack creeps and what not...im not saying its a great item, but it builds straight into malady which gives me some early game punch at harassing heroes, and gives me a bit more of lane staying power (thanks to scepters ive only ever been harassed off my lane a couple of times whereas building boots i woulda been pushed off quite a few times)

4) yes malady + wits end is epic on twitch...i have still yet to find a 1-2 punch item combo i like more yet for him

5) couple problems i have with teemo.... he can get out harassed by casters too easily (then again so can you) and by the time he has mushrooms im already looking to leave the lane and gank :P so that doesnt help me much (although a good teemo who excercises good map control is always nice to have, i wont lie)

thanks for taking the time to respond with your side of twitch

Xl

Adjudicator

09-30-2009

Great guide, I've been absolutely dominating with a modified version of it (29-2, 21-3, 11-0, etc). I completely agree that Wit's End/Malady is brutal, brutal ownage on him.

Differences: I start the game with an attack speed sword and a healing pot and build Berserker's Boots first. It helps a bit with early chasing - you'll have boots earlier than just about anyone, especially if you get a quick kill (first blood and you're almost at 500 gold already, which is all you need for the boots).

I also use Expunge as my first ability - it often gets me a first blood at level 1, especially if I'm laning with a Morgana (hide in the bushes, she roots with Q, get a couple hits in, expunge and they're dead unless they have Flash and use it very quickly). And I play very aggressive in early laning, often getting three or four kills by level 4 or 5. If you die once or twice while getting a kill, it's not terrible (especially with teleport) - Twitch gets fed by kills much more than he gets fed by creep, and the benefit you get from this outweighs your deaths. You should NOT be dying much after early game, anyway. Obviously, it's better not to die, but if you get in a situation where you're in trouble but one or two more hits might get you a kill, I prefer suiciding for the kill to a desperate escape attempt. This is also why I prefer Heal to Flash - Heal is much more useful for getting early game kills, and late game with the rune buff I have no problem chasing people.

One other thing I'd emphasize: always, ALWAYS get a lizard rune buff if you can. If your jungle doesn't have it up, stealth and go steal theirs. The extra slow and extra damage on it are absolutely brutal, and you can even burn down tanks quickly with a high-level ambush. It is very rare indeed that a target escapes me when I have little red runes circling me. You can get the golem buff too if you want, but it doesn't matter as much as long as you watch your mana.

MLBuck

09-30-2009

I have had great success using a crit and crit damage rune build (about 30% crit damage and +7% crit chance). By the time I'm level 13 or 14 I typically have a 80%+ crit chance through items, even though the first item I get is vampiric embrace.

SmecssRaege

10-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xel View Post
Great guide, I've been absolutely dominating with a modified version of it (29-2, 21-3, 11-0, etc). I completely agree that Wit's End/Malady is brutal, brutal ownage on him.

Differences: I start the game with an attack speed sword and a healing pot and build Berserker's Boots first. It helps a bit with early chasing - you'll have boots earlier than just about anyone, especially if you get a quick kill (first blood and you're almost at 500 gold already, which is all you need for the boots).

I also use Expunge as my first ability - it often gets me a first blood at level 1, especially if I'm laning with a Morgana (hide in the bushes, she roots with Q, get a couple hits in, expunge and they're dead unless they have Flash and use it very quickly). And I play very aggressive in early laning, often getting three or four kills by level 4 or 5. If you die once or twice while getting a kill, it's not terrible (especially with teleport) - Twitch gets fed by kills much more than he gets fed by creep, and the benefit you get from this outweighs your deaths. You should NOT be dying much after early game, anyway. Obviously, it's better not to die, but if you get in a situation where you're in trouble but one or two more hits might get you a kill, I prefer suiciding for the kill to a desperate escape attempt. This is also why I prefer Heal to Flash - Heal is much more useful for getting early game kills, and late game with the rune buff I have no problem chasing people.

One other thing I'd emphasize: always, ALWAYS get a lizard rune buff if you can. If your jungle doesn't have it up, stealth and go steal theirs. The extra slow and extra damage on it are absolutely brutal, and you can even burn down tanks quickly with a high-level ambush. It is very rare indeed that a target escapes me when I have little red runes circling me. You can get the golem buff too if you want, but it doesn't matter as much as long as you watch your mana.
yeah i do usually pick up the lizard rune buff when i can manage it, and yeah i do try for the early kills as well, but i find them harder to get as i usually dont like getting pushed off my lane early on...altho sitting on a health pot and heal definately gives you the better edge in doing so

might give it a try someday but im usually pretty sold on my build, as i do extremely well with it hehe, but i think i will give the heal/heal pot idea a try

SmecssRaege

11-05-2009

bumping this as theres been a lot of twitch talk lately =P

SmecssRaege

11-07-2009

okie dokie, i have updated some stuff on here

item build slightly altered (added options more or less)

spray and pray information has changed to better reflect the effect it now has since being updated

couple other tidbits here and there

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2009

most common items on twitch at higher level games:
bloodrazors
shoes
starks
bloodrazors
guardian angel
bloodrazors

SmecssRaege

11-07-2009

i wouldnt doubt that at this point, but i still think bloodrazor is itching for a nerf or at least a "unique" tag to it...until then eh it works

that's also an insanely expensive item build looking at like 20k gold >_>

JayDee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
most common items on twitch at higher level games:
bloodrazors
shoes
starks
bloodrazors
guardian angel
bloodrazors
You reach max speed after coming out of stealth mode only with 105% attack speed (25% + 2x40%).
I think your item build is kind of wasted on atk speed.

SmecssRaege

11-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDee View Post
You reach max speed after coming out of stealth mode only with 105% attack speed (25% + 2x40%).
I think your item build is kind of wasted on atk speed.
i seriously doubt u'd ever get a 3rd razor though

that item build is like 20k gold...and with that build you wont be able to farm extremely well =P