[Guide] Gangplank, The Scourge Of The Seven Seas (Carry DPS build) -SmecssRaege-

123456 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SmecssRaege

09-18-2009

I LOVE THE NEW CHANGES <3

So here's some factual data about the changes

Parrrley: This is where the biggest change took place...some people might consider it a nerf...I CONSIDER THIS A HUGE BUFF!

Before: Parley (lvl 5) does 100 dmg + Physical Attack in magic damage
Now: Parley (lvl 5) does 200 dmg + Physical attack

So the way i see it now, is ... in a simplified form
*How it is now* Stronger if your attack is LESS THAN 300 but if at any point you pass the 300 attack mark, the OLD parley would have been more damage.
(MUCH STRONGER EARLY-MID GAME NOW!!!!!)

But in my build i think you cap out at nearly 300 attack on damage...so at no point does it ever count as a nerf to my build...its only an increase to early-mid game success in killing/harassing the hell out of people <3

So the parley change.... LOVE IT

Raise morale: untouched
Grog blade: since the damage was negligible to begin with, im glad the debuff lasts longer now, also a buff IMHO
Remove scurvy: untouched

*Added 5 move speed < awesome, no complains here
*Added MP regen < Awesome! although with philosphers + MP5 clarity runes, mana is never really an issue

Cannon Barrage: as the servers have been down i have no test time with the changed cannon barrage....but if its more consistent now...AWESOME as well < as long as this is true, im SUPER excited about it

All in all, lets just say when i read the patch notes I....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4
^^
nuff said =3

DryPenguin

09-18-2009

The Barrage is noticeably more consistent. I managed just 3 games with him, but it was different.

I'm not sure I agree with you on Parley changes, I don't think it was necessary. Why fix what ain't broke IMO

SmecssRaege

09-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DryPenguin View Post
The Barrage is noticeably more consistent. I managed just 3 games with him, but it was different.

I'm not sure I agree with you on Parley changes, I don't think it was necessary. Why fix what ain't broke IMO
I agree that it wasn't necessary...but now that it's done... i'm just stating how extremely happy i am about it hehe

And that's good to know that barrage is better now, can't wait to give it a go ^_^

Mr Tibbers

09-18-2009

It wasn't necessary at all, and now I'm pissed because of it. Too many people complained it was too useless early game and they went and got it messed it with. UGH!

SmecssRaege

09-18-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tibbers View Post
It wasn't necessary at all, and now I'm pissed because of it. Too many people complained it was too useless early game and they went and got it messed it with. UGH!
if you read my guide pre-patch...you would notice i said its extremely powerful come level 8 or so >_>

SmecssRaege

09-19-2009

Upping my guides~

I will be gone for a couple days so any questions or comments will have a slightly delayed response, but i will respond as soon as im back

Morzas

09-20-2009

What're your thoughts on Sheen? I read on an older thread that it works really well with Gangplank's Parrrrley.

SmecssRaege

09-22-2009

i have tried sheen out, and i understand its mechanics completely and my *PERSONAL* feelings that sheen *IS NOT* worth it.

All it adds is your base damage to every parly (which is about 60 @ lvl 1 > 85-95 @ lvl 18)

and the sheen's added damage DOES NOT CRIT with the rest of the damage calculation

so overall, for 1200 gold?... yes it's a pretty nice addition to stable dps of parley

but for 1200 gold, i'd much rather invest that $$ into 1 1/2 avarice blades and sit on like 20% extra crit and gold generation

even the 20% chance to crit for an extra 200-250 dmg kind of comes close to evening itself out for the purpose of parley....and you get more DPS boost on your auto attacks as well (which is a large source of gangplanks damage)

TLR version: I dont like it, i've tried it, and i will never get it again =p

MaximalBeast

10-02-2009

Just tried out your build and went 20+ twice! Very good build, although after Atma's Impaler I just go for another Infinity edge to make him even more beastly. But really, this build is golden .

DryPenguin

10-03-2009

I don't know the problem with this build is that it is very very expensive and doesn't make up for it by packing that much more of a punch. You are only slightly more viable in straight up melee, but only if you can get through the build. 90 times out of 100 you can't buy all these items in one game.

I still prefer the basic Crit/Crit Damage build. It is far less costly and still packs a huge punch. Of couse I will pick up items like Bloodthirster or Black Cleaver or Atma's if I can, but to get all those....doesn't happen often.

123456 ... 9