[Guide] Morgana, The Iron Angel (Support/Tank build) -SmecssRaege-

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JonnyLawless

10-28-2009

The above items are nice. I love this guide, but since the revamp removed all ap from the early items, you can have creeps late game that can survive your aoe spell.

SmecssRaege

10-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyLawless View Post
The above items are nice. I love this guide, but since the revamp removed all ap from the early items, you can have creeps late game that can survive your aoe spell.
yeah that is something i've been thinking about working on, but usually by that point in the game, im much less concerned with gold and more so about getting the game ended =P

Nerubian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2009

I love you, and I love this guide. As long as you have a competent team behind you (I've only played pugs) a good tank Morgana pretty much is asking for a win. Most of the games I play are over by the time I get my Guardian Angel, let alone die to use its effect once

Even with no AP this fallen angel still is amazing! I wish my black shield protected a little more damage, but I mainly use it for the anti-snare/slow effects for saving people. Also, dark binding is an amazing initiator when not around turrets!

Thank you

TTiger75

01-25-2010

Thank you so much for this brilliant guide. I played Morgana recently a lot and in case the team is capable your chances to win is really great because supporters are still very rarely played.

But I would have to add two powerful skills to complete your guide:
/taunt
/laugh
especially the second one can drive powerplay players (twitch, yi...) etc. insane as they try to kill you. I like standing on the outer edge of a tower radius and just keep on laughing (best to be done if you have at least an lvl advantage of 1+).

Flash (summoner spell):
Jump into the middle of a teamfight and release ulti - still works wonders as long as the opponent team is not cold blooded pros - they scatter and you'll get usually the chance to attract dps to you and finish off low-health opponents.

So in summary:
Morgana is also extremly powerful for psychological warfare

PS: I would love to see the faces of the players when they finish you off and angel brings you back as you team rushes in for the counter-attack
PPS: I play solemly random matches ^^, but have a slightly better than 50:50 win/loss ratio.

bobthegood

01-26-2010

Personally, I can never play a caster without getting some form of AP. Morgana is my 2nd pick hero and RoA is a must for her regardless of build. An early Catalyst is very useful as it ensures lane staying power and gank survivability. Because of my low death count and high amount of assists while paying her, I get a soulstealer after catalyst. My typical record is about 4/(0-2)/20 and soulstealer will almost always be at 10+ stacks during the mid-late game. I then upgrade the RoA.

After getting RoA and soulstealer, I then make my decision based on the matchup and how the team is playing on what type of build I want to go for her. CD reduction is usually where I want to head. If the team is very DPS heavy, Frozen Heart is not a bad support item. If our team is very spell intensive, Soul Shroud gives a mana regen and cd reduction aura as well as adding to her tanking ability. If the team needs more raw damage, Deathfire will give me AP, mana regen, and a decent nuke (albiet I don't build deathfire very often).

I do agree with making Abyssal against a caster heavy team for the extra MR (the MR debuff is also great support for you and your other casters), but I do not agree with banshee's viel, as Morgana already has black shield.

Guardian Angel is an interesting choice. Does Morgana's Ult stay on people when she is respawning? Did anyone test this?

I typically go AP heavy with some support and tank. RoA > Soulstealer > Negatron cloak > Soul Shroud > Abysall Scepter. If I have more time, I've been getting Zonya's ring but I'm going to try Guardian Angel. I rarely die because I play fairly safe but with GA I can play more aggressively.

Noctred

01-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthegood View Post
Guardian Angel is an interesting choice. Does Morgana's Ult stay on people when she is respawning? Did anyone test this?
It does with Zilean's ult. Probably does with GA as well.

Nayru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2010

This guide was made pre-Morgana nerf, it seems, because it takes level 4 of her aoe to 1 shot the caster mobs (3 just reduces them to 2-4% hp), and black shield no longer removes debuffs upon being received. Might need some updating.

TTiger75

01-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noctred View Post
It does with Zilean's ult. Probably does with GA as well.
Tried this in game yesterday. GA +Ult works.

SmecssRaege

01-29-2010

true, this was made in closed beta =P

but minus the skill build and a couple other tidbits of info, it's all still pretty good

i recently came back to LoL after a 3 month hiatus, my first 2 games, both using this build, and i did quite well in both games =P

vooshoo

02-07-2010

lovely, made me love morgana even more.. an alternate way to how i play her (ap) but this is way more effective.. thanks for the lovely guide.