Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Sona's Power Chord Auto-Attack

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kuriii

Recruiter

09-18-2011

So I mainly play support characters and I buy Oracle's Elixir to clear wards using A + Left Click. For those who don't know what this does is that it attacks an aggressive target close to you (including wards); this way you don't have to point + click on them.

This works against people hiding wards behind Baron Nashor. But the thing is that if you play Sona and she has her Power Chord charged up, she cannot A + Left Click to attack; she needs to point + click. This is especially annoying if you're trying to hit a ward behind Baron Nashor. Sure, you can hit Baron to release Power Chord but I'd rather not take damage from Baron.

Also if you're chasing someone into a bush with Power Chord charged (say to slow or kill them) and you want to A + Left Click into the bush to prevent jukes, you can't. Power Chord is really easy to charge up if you're spamming the movement speed buff skill to chase.

I understand that Riot made it so you cannot accidently attack a random minion when you have Power Chord charged up. Just like Twisted Fate's "Pick A Card" skill, but they reverted it back. Is this feature really necessary on Sona? Wouldn't it be better to just control her auto-attack with the Stop hotkey?

EDIT:
Also, why is Hymn of Valor (Q) only prioritizing champions within a certain range of the skill? Shouldn't it prioritize champions at the full 700 range? Tired of auto-attacking (550 range) a champion, and activating Q immediately afterwards only to have Q hit minions instead of the champion.

Kog

09-18-2011

good thread would read again

Matake

09-18-2011

Quote:
funk master kog:
good thread would read again

1/10

IS15213774e9a9f68da4896

09-18-2011

A very minor bug, but agreed nonetheless. It shouldn't have been overlooked.

Stephen Fry

09-18-2011

It is also true that if Sona is silenced, her power-chord will NOT proc (but it will once the silence runs off).

Kuriii

Recruiter

09-19-2011

Quote:
Stephen Fry:
It is also true that if Sona is silenced, her power-chord will NOT proc (but it will once the silence runs off).

Yeah, I've noticed this too - especially when laning against Soraka. Not sure if it's on purpose or not. I'm not at home but I will test later today if silence shuts down other champions' passives.

Duelpower

09-19-2011

Didn't they make it that way so the passive won't go to the nearest target like before? That was godawful annoying to deal with.

Kuriii

Recruiter

09-19-2011

I tested the silence thing on Gangplank. His poison on his passive still works when silenced. Not sure why Sona's Power Chord gets shut down.

The Ninth Priest

09-19-2011

As an aspiring support player, I'm glad I now know all these little quirks.

Xianoir

09-19-2011

Thumbs up on support characters, and thumbs up on Power Cord evaluation.