Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Counter to Malzahar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IeatFatguys

05-08-2012

i never really lost a lane as malz, against a morg lane= farming game, lux=farming. leblanc and kass can do very well and both of them cant push so you cant farm safely and efficiently. everything else is just how well you do. a talon can be screwed cuz if he silences you, just chase him and his poke will turn around on him. landing your silence is a big importance as well.

LuckFarmer

05-08-2012

It may seem a little weird to suggest, but whenever i have the option to counterpick against a malz mid, i always play my main: Fizz. Pre-6, he may very well outfarm you slightly, which isn't so bad, because you can at LEAST go even with him on all exchanges provided you dodge his silence and null zone. After level 6, you must keep in mind that what he wants to do is suppress you on top or his null zone (ESPECIALLY if he has just silenced you). So, what i like to do, is wait for him to move forward and try to reapply his DoT, or get a last hit, then launch DA CHARK! if it sticks him, Q to him with your W active immediately, During this time, he CANNOT use his combo on you, because the shark will come out and disrupt his ult. By the time he hits the ground again, if he isn't just about dead, you swing one more time, ignite, then playful/trickster on top of his face.

AngelicShaft

05-08-2012

Looking at who is usually banned (kass and morg), Malz does the more of his dmg when he gets his ult off when your in his W. Once he uses it, he'll probably just silence you and run away since he is out of moves.
You want someone who can probably survive his ult, and then just burst him down. A good malz will use his ult when a gank is about to happen, because unless you're at full health, he won't be able to kill you.

Arckine

Recruiter

05-09-2012

a good very aggressive Vlad will destroy a Malzahar as well, although i have to agree with the guy that said Kass ....just played a game last night where I got utterly destroyed by one while playing Malz (which is my longtime main)