Counter to Malzahar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phobophobia

09-17-2011

Which AP is strong against Malzahar in mid post lv 6? He beats me a harass with his silence+ range and if I try to straight up kill him he has his ult.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2011

Kass

He counters pretty much EVERY AP mid

gpa4

09-18-2011

If you just feel desperate to kill your mid opponent, Le Blanc is the choice.

Dakkas

09-18-2011

Quicksilver Sash

Boomsickle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2011

Kass is a strong counter especially if you can get your silence on him since it always seems to last forever when i play mal vs a kass , another good AP is Morgana with her Spell Shield making her not be able to be stuned by his ult and reducing Magic Damage, A Good Le Blanc might also do the trick if your fast on the silence and burst since when ever i play a good one she jumps forward silence+damage and then leaps back but then you just as for a or just farm with your E and wait for her to mess up but this isn't a how to vs Le Blanc as malz thread so ill leave it at that ,added note any good player can counter any mid but those above are some of the best champions with good kits for the job

LCS Dyrus

09-18-2011

Just don't get pinned on top of null zone. That's how malzahar kills people. The classic facemelter is where he holds someone over his null zone+ignite. It's how he kills people. Stay mobile and don't get caught.

sexy dan

09-18-2011

Malz is my main.

Kass is the most obvious, as everyone said. Veigar is anti-AP too though I think Kass is more effective against Malz.

Moragana's spell shield works. You can also shield allies with it which is really annoying.

Outside of AP champs, I ran into a Nocturne today whose spell shield was making me punch the wall, especially since he could follow it up with fear, speed, and loads of damage+lifesteal. So after that game I'd say Noct can counter Malz pretty well.

And of course, Gangplank has a built in QSS with the orange to get out of Malz's ulti.

Phobophobia

09-18-2011

Alright, thanks for the tips ^^ Guess Ill try out some of these champs

ZZEPHERR

09-18-2011

all ways call a gank
cos many malz tend to over extend cos of his high farming power

AzureLion

09-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Kass

He counters pretty much EVERY AP mid
Kassadin is pretty much my main, tho I've been playing around with tanky dps champs lately.

Let me say that kassadin does not counter Orianna well early game. Her ball allows her to zone Kass easily.

to answer your question, AD tristana is also a good
counter to Malz, and so is AD/Crit teemo once he has Pd, boots, BF sword built.