Can I refund IP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aesir Fox

09-17-2011

Can I refund IP that I used to buy a champ(By accident) to buy another champ? Is there any way?

robot910

Recruiter

09-17-2011

no

FractalDactyl

09-17-2011

Maybe if you contact Riot's Customer Service but probably not.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

09-17-2011

You can try opening a support ticket via: http://support.leagueoflegends.com/a...s_requests/new

However I don't know how likely it will be (not very, there's a two-three step process to purchasing champions, so accidental purchases are extremely rare, and easy to understand why they'd be skeptical), but it's up to you if you think it's worth it. If you've played that champion during a non-free week, even once, I can almost guarantee you that the answer will be no.

Edit: The below is something that can be done, not something they will necessarily do for every occurrence; while they'll treat all cases fairly, not all cases that come to them are equal, even if the only difference is the current default response.

BIur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2011

"We normally do not provide refunds for items such as skins, champions, or runes. However, I can make a one-time exception for you and refund up to 3 purchases that have been made in the last 30 days of submitting your request. Because this is a one-time exception, we encourage you to include all 3 purchases in your request as we will not make any additional refund exceptions once the refund has been completed.

So I can easily research the transaction(s) and assist you with this refund, please provide me with the following information for each of the three items you would like refunded:

- Type:
- Description:
- Currency Type (IP/RP):
- Amount:
- Date Purchased:

You can view your purchase history in the ‘Purchases’ tab of the store to find all this information.
Please also make sure you provide me with the correct account information.

- Your account name (What you log in to the game with)
- Your summoner name (What other players see in game)
- Which server you play on (NA, EU West, or EU Nordic & East)

If you did not provide me with all of this information, your purchases were made more than 30 days ago, or you have received a refund before we will be unable to process your refund request. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or feedback. Good luck on the Fields of Justice!" - Riot Support

Send in a support ticket via Panzer's link and Riot may refund the champions. I did it and I had some champions refunded.

Rwekk

09-18-2011

I noticed myself when buying some stuff, before and after the riven patch. The system didnt really have a confirmation to it.

Its even a bit more confusing after the patch. Like if you want to see whats in the bundle, you can't click the icon anymore, you click unlock. But i guess some items would simply buy it the first click. Very weird system.

MdBCruise

09-18-2011

what should I put in the type part and description?

Aesir Fox

09-18-2011

Thank you all for the replys, I'll try sending a ticket to costumer support. Also, the champ wasn't bought by me, but by my brother, he misunderstood me and bought the wrong champ.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

09-18-2011

I don't want to sound harsh, but maybe you shouldn't let your brother buy things on your account? >.>

Aesir Fox

09-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
I don't want to sound harsh, but maybe you shouldn't let your brother buy things on your account? >.>
You're not the first one to tell me something like that <.<