Shen vs Jax help.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aycellica

05-31-2010

Hello guys i've been playing Shen for a while now and the only champion im having trouble is jax. He sometimes gets more hp early game and he always has more damage due to him being a dps. He can chase good too so he owns me hard :P what items should i buy? I thought of thornmail but i don't exactly know if it will work. Should i stack HP or deff or go hybrid?

Thnx for the help.

Aycellica

andracen

05-31-2010

You want to beat a durable melee dps with a durable low damage melee tank?

If you could beat Jax with Shen 1v1 what would be the point to Jax?

UchihaWalid

05-31-2010

You bring Jax's father, Max.

Pope Kehoe III

05-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by UchihaWalid View Post
You bring Jax's father, Max.
?

Agrias Oaks

05-31-2010

you don't fight jax 1v1 as a melee character. He will destroy you, since thats how he fights in game. Use magic against him, or get sword of the divine. If he can't dodge, he can't stunspam, and you get more time to fight him. Its still not recommended to fight in 1v1 in melee, but alter in game, you should be doing team based battles, and if you have any stuns/snares/caster damage, Jax goes down like a chump against those.

UchihaWalid

05-31-2010

Quote:
If you could beat Jax with Shen 1v1 what would be the point to Jax?
to kill every other champion without a problem except a few casters

FailPatrol

05-31-2010

you dash away in fear, only way

Taelic

05-31-2010

wait till he ambushes an ally, ulti in. You shouldn't be fighting him 1v1, but if you dominate throughout the game and deny him he isn't a problem because he requires momentum.

Don't just straight up attack him, harass him with your Q and your passive. Jax will never get magic resist, so if you rune correctly with shen (using magic pen reds and + hp yellows and quints because your Q and your passive are MAGIC DAMAGE) then his hp should drop off fairly quickly... at least faster then yours.

Also, having a good deal of armor on shen is never a bad idea. Getting 3+ hearts of gold and turning one into a Randuin's Omen is a great way to deny him attack ability, not just for you but against your whole team. No attack speed, no damage.

FailPatrol

05-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelic View Post
wait till he ambushes an ally, ulti in. You shouldn't be fighting him 1v1, but if you dominate throughout the game and deny him he isn't a problem because he requires momentum.

Don't just straight up attack him, harass him with your Q and your passive. Jax will never get magic resist, so if you rune correctly with shen (using magic pen reds and + hp yellows and quints because your Q and your passive are MAGIC DAMAGE) then his hp should drop off fairly quickly... at least faster then yours.

Also, having a good deal of armor on shen is never a bad idea. Getting 3+ hearts of gold and turning one into a Randuin's Omen is a great way to deny him attack ability, not just for you but against your whole team. No attack speed, no damage.
i always get a banshee on Jax, too much focus

Aycellica

05-31-2010

thnx for all the replies =D well im not trying to fight him 1v1 but even in team fights he sometimes kills me real fast =/ but yea i liked the idea of randuin...no as = no damage. Sword of the divine wud've worked on someone else but on shen i think its a bit of money waste since he cant really farm minions. I usually go a bit hybrid on shen getting more armor than hp. I don't know if im doing it right :P but i rarely die...as i said i only have problems against jax =( i'm sometimes even scared to taunt him haha. btw whats the interval between jax's ult? i mean in how many seconds does he have to hit someone to activate his ult.