Is this laptop good enough to run LOL?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Float

Recruiter

09-17-2011

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+...&skuId=2975038

or this one http://www.bestbuy.com/site/ASUS+-+L...&skuId=2906406

I plan on running everything on lowest settings to get maximum fps. And I don't really tend to have other programs running on the background unless its music.

Help please? Will this be able to run league?

ADCisMyReligion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2011

They should be able to, but I wouldn't get either, they're both pretty bad laptops as far as gaming goes. But yeah... You should be able to run League on medium or high. I would go with the Asus, because it's an i5 and it's Asus.

RYLSKYY

09-17-2011

yo man. anything intel Hd will run LoL at good enough frame rate. especially with a good processor. so yes that laptop will run LoL. i would get a laptop with an 8 cell though

Isopod

09-17-2011

Yes. My family recently need to purchase a laptop, so we went through a lot of them to test them out. Intel HD graphics are so much better than the standard ATI 4250. (Both of yours are intel.) The i5 Core > i3 In several ways, but it's ~$50 more expensive. But for 50 bucks you're also getting a little more ram, so that'll be a benefit to running multiple programs as well.

Edit: Out of the two, I'd choose the second. Check Newegg/Tigerdirect and see if you can't get more bang out of your buck there.

ham236

09-17-2011

go for the 2nd one, the i3 might not do it for you

Root and Shaw

09-17-2011

Yes

I have a core i3 + Intel HD graphics laptop and I run LoL + HoN without issue @ 1280x800 at college. ( 40+ constant fps)

The latest versions of intel hd graphics can handle LoL + HoN fine without the eye candy. Its up to you if you need the eye candy.

Alecyte

09-17-2011

Hey a thread that is sincere istead of "will my $1000 gaming laptop run LoL?" just to "brag"...
But that should be able to run lol...maybe not the best FPS but probably 30 at lowest settings.

ADCisMyReligion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ham236 View Post
go for the 2nd one, the i3 might not do it for you
Both will do it, they have the same integrated graphics chip.

Realyst

09-17-2011

lol gaming laptop.

Teemo Thunder

09-17-2011

I have 1GB RAM and 141GB HD.

I bought my comp for nearly six hundred bucks several years ago and I can still run LoL on mid settings just fine.