Riven Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zalted

09-17-2011

So, I'm trying to find a good build that would work for Riven, I'm wondering if anyone has anything good.

Currently I am going to try to use:

Masteries: 21/0/9
Runes: 9x Mark of Strength, 9x Seal of Resilience, 9x Glyph of Shielding, 3x Quint of Strength
Which turns out 15 AD, 24 MR at 18 and 13 Armor

Then for items:
Warmogs
Atmas
Hex Drinker
Phantom Dancer
Blood Thirster
Merc Treds

This turns out about 130 Mr and 130 Armor, with about 325 or so AD (fully stacked), and about 3200 hp. I have 50% crit and get to almost 400 AD when I use my ult.

Any suggestions or ideas? Any other builds, I want to try and get a good one going for Riven.

Zalted

09-17-2011

bump

FatalToothbrush

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2011

I've had a fair amount of success with this build:

masteries 9/21/0
runes apen red, flat armour yellow, cdr blue, movespeed quints

double dorans blade and merc treads to start off, then buy a phage and leave it there
Then go strait for ad, i usually get bloodthirster then ie
then i finish phage into a frozen mallet and go for something like ga to finish off.

For me this has given enough defence to stay alive, while still being able to build massive ad to rake in kills.

urmamasllama

09-17-2011

the reccomended items

no joke they are what i went for without even looking and they work **** good

Sh0ck And Awe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2011

my core are 1-2 dorans blade, CD boots, brutalizer.
increases your damage output / mobility by so much. other good items are frozen mallet / atmas / blood thirster

Emn1ty

09-17-2011

Been testing out a new build which combines a little survivability with some nice crit damage:

Masteries
21/9/0

Runes
- 4x Armor Yellow
- 5x Magic Resist/level Yellow
- 9x Armor Pen Reds
- 9x CDR/Level Blues
3x Movement Quints

Item Order
1. Doran's Blade
2. Cloth Armor
3. Boots
4. Wriggles
5. Merc Treads
6. Kindlegem
7. Brutalizer
8. IE
9. Spirite Visage
10. Younmuu's
11. Atma's

End the game with around 287 AD (350 with ult about), 60% crit, 154 armor, 124 magic resist and just about 2200 HP.

Shao Zam

09-17-2011

Here's a little something I'm trying out presently:

Runes:
Marks, all arpen.
Seals, all armor/lvl
Glyphs, all MR/lvl
Quints, all arpen.
25 arpen
24 armor/mr @ 18

Masteries are 21.0.9 with no points in crit dmg, 4 points in cdr and a point in utility mastery instead of greed.

Build:
Ionian boots of lucidity
Wriggles lantern > Bloodthirster lategame
Black cleaver
Wits end (not sure about this, but seems to work well)
Frozen mallet
Atmas Impaler

Build order is usually starting with a longsword and two pots, rushing wriggles, getting lvl 2 boots afterwards (sometimes I back for lvl 1 after wriggles is finished for the extra chase), then getting a null magic (sometimes earlier against ap heavy lanes). I then build phage. After phage is finished i build a bf sword, which cranks up my damage nicely, especially with her passive. Then, I'm split in most games on this build order. Some games I'll go into atmas right away, other games I'll finish frozen mallet first depending on the enemy team's comp and if the armor on atmas would be enough survivability or if health would be a better choice for the situation. Whatever the order, atmas and frozen mallet are definately the next two items. After I get those, I build black cleaver, and then wits end, perhaps reversing the order if magic is really a problem.

Once that's done, I'll sell my wriggles for a bloodthirster. Usually the free ward is of little use at that stage in the game as we've either pushed them into their base or baron is done in a matter of seconds and a highly contested area.

If the team is extremely AP heavy, I might consider forgoing wriggles and instead toughing out the early game so I can build BT straightaway, perhaps subbing it in instead of black cleaver (her farm is quite strong), and also subbing in FON or bveil for the wits end.

One thing is clear: riven is more about how you play her than how you build her, despite her autoattacks being VERY, VERY strong due to her passive (400 per hit lategame, especially with that bloodthirster subbed in.)

I may consider forgoing wits end entirely and just keeping a negatron till lategame if their casters aren't a massive threat from gold intake, as while it helps you use your passive as fast as you can get stacks, it's not that much better with the attackspeed, though every little bit helps, and riven, while her mechanics and play are complex and unique, is, because of her passive, ultimately an autoattacker. Still developing this.

One thing about the build in particular is clear. Fratmas is the way to go. I may even consider taking it one step further and going fratmogs in lieu of the wits end, even though the build the way I have it is plenty survivable.

2600+ hp
140 or so armor
17-25 lifesteal
110-130 MR
300+AD
Permaslow
18 percent cdr (hit the cap with bluebuff)
70 percent bonus attackspeed (chew through those stacks)

Grim Reaper

09-17-2011

I like building a 21/9/0 mastery with your same runes but with a full build of:
ninja tabi
blood thirster
warmong
Force of nature
Black cleaver
atma's impaler
if the opposing team is a mix of skill users and auto attackers. No tenacity at all, but I do enjoy this. I'll probably trade out the ninja tabi for merc treads in most cases, but I love evasion so much. This build is about 480 gold more than yours I believe.

jars

09-17-2011

atmog's is really not that good on riven. I use

wriggles/doran's
bloodthirster/ghostblade
randuin's
fon
last whisper
sell off first item for a bloodthirster or ghostblade

Reptar

09-17-2011

15/0/15, getting movespeed in utility, and up to the +AD in the offense

AD reds, armor ylws, mr/lvl blues, ad quints.

Start cloth/5pots
Rush Wriggles / Boots 1
Brutilizer
Bloodthirster, rush BF sword

Warmogs, Build Giants belt before finishing BT if you have to.
Atmas
FoN.

OR

Randuins
IE
FoN

For a more offensive build

Situational from here. This build assumes you know how to farm well.