New Rumble Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cokerulz

09-17-2011

Just finished my new rumble guide. Would really appreciate if you looked it over.

http://noxiancrimsonelite.blogspot.c...ay-part-1.html

IrokDoom

09-17-2011

things to remember with rumble, tha 'POONS! i only skimmed but didn't see them mentioned. they are SUPER important. you should be slowing your enemies before dropping your ult. and slowing them as they run from your flames. if you can you should get to 80<n>100 on your harpoon first shot, drop your ult for free, then overheat on flamespitter, and pop off your other harpoon too this gives you maximum magic damage output while you overheat. rumble is a very versatile champ. i've done some pretty strange stuff with him. i always get rylai's then depending on physical or magic damage from the enemy i get FoN or Randuin's, hextech revolver has become pretty standard in my build too. i usually go with magic pen boots unless they have a lot of slow or cc on the team then i get tenacity.

those last 2 items though that's where it gets fun. you can get a rabadon and a sunfire or maybe a triforce/frozen mallet and some more armor to be an all around hard to kill, hard to escape *******,

hell i even used a tiamat once for more CC. that was fun.

as far as your sentiments on ganking. i find that a focused rumble is honestly a dead rumble, i prefer to come in after the teamfight starts and everyone is clustered up, drop the ultimate and harpoon anyone that tries to escape while you come in flamespitter and auto attacks blasting. lay off the shield until you know you're gonna get hit or need to chase it's a brief buff so timing on it matters, if i'm going to be chasing someone but they're already out of harpoon range i'll try to overheat on the shield

favorite things to do with rumble's ult: Blind kill, when that enemy has like 10 health left and you know he's just standing next to the tower. they think they're safe because you've gone past their fog of war, you just know he's about to base to get some more items or he's just not paying attention. drop that ult your cooldown is quick on it and 9 out of 10 times you'll get that unaware chump.

Stealing Baron, you can check baron's health from outside his corral in the jungle by shooting your harpoon into him (or just putting down a ward), if the enemy is attacking him and have him down to ~10% drop your ult and steal the buff for your team if baron is beating them up pretty bad you may even get some kills

instant turret agro. so your enemy is about to assault your tower with their wave of minions...ult dropped. oh schnapp where'd your minions go, bro? this combined with good harpoons can make any enemy regret trying to get your tower. you should be able to take anyone out under your tower, just make sure to hit them with the harpoons so the tower and you can get in as many shots as possible

Madfriar

09-17-2011

A couple things I would mention just from briefly looking it over. Rumble is not meant to be a main tank nor an ap carry. He is one of those champions that is inbetween, and cannot be effective when played with too little AP or too little survivability. This being said, good rumble players will get a hextec revolver as their first item, and build it into a will of the ancients either before or after making a rylais crystal scepter. The spell vamp is indespensible during laning, because rumble is meant to be played extremely aggressively.

Flash ignite or flash exhaust are the only 2 summoner combinations that should even be considered. Both carry unique advantages.

After will of the ancients and rylais cyrstal scepter, the type of items you would buy would NEVER include warmogs. A deathcap would significantly increase your damage output and would be the next item on the list, but that is only if your team comp has persons who are focused more than you. If you are the target of all the damage you would most likely instead buy a tanky item that also provides damage, such as abyssal scepter, sunfire cape, or zhonyas hourglass. It really depends on what type of team composition you have and what you are up against. What works best in one game wont necessarily be the same for the next. But there are some strong generalizations that you can make about what you should build, and what works better. For example, building a sunfire cape would barely increase your damage output at all and would not make you much more durable.

I'm sure there are many more suggestions or things I might find that could be outright incorrect, but I do not have the patience to read so much of a guide only to critique it! I don't want to discourage you from making guides if you enjoy doing so, but useful guides are written by people who don't make mistakes because they already know all the "ins and outs" and how to play the champion to the best possible ability.

cokerulz

09-17-2011

@Irokdoom Thanks for the advice, i will definitely add something in about the harpoons. As for the "focused rumble is a dead rumble" i find that when I am playing Rumble, that spamming scrap shield and taking damage for all my squishier friends while sitting in the fray and letting everyone sit on my flamespitter is the best way to keep people alive while doing as much damage as possible. I will expand on my explanation on the equalizer as well. Thanks for the comment.

@Madfriar I will definitely try and find somewhere to put will of the ancients into my item build. I think i mentioned the line betweeen ap carry and tank as well. I will take the warmogs out and replace it with a different item as you said. Thanks as well.

Madfriar

09-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cokerulz View Post
@Irokdoom Thanks for the advice, i will definitely add something in about the harpoons. As for the "focused rumble is a dead rumble" i find that when I am playing Rumble, that spamming scrap shield and taking damage for all my squishier friends while sitting in the fray and letting everyone sit on my flamespitter is the best way to keep people alive while doing as much damage as possible. I will expand on my explanation on the equalizer as well. Thanks for the comment.

@Madfriar I will definitely try and find somewhere to put will of the ancients into my item build. I think i mentioned the line betweeen ap carry and tank as well. I will take the warmogs out and replace it with a different item as you said. Thanks as well.
No problem, and I want to reiterate that I did not mean to discourage you from making guides although the way I worded it seems offensive even to me. I suppose it is a pet peve of mine about people making guides, and I should keep that to myself. I can tell you are trying your best and actually care about the quality of your guide. Good job and keep up the good work.

cokerulz

09-17-2011

Well thank you. It is nice to see someone on a forum who is actually polite. A breath of fresh air if you will. I am always happy to receive criticisms and i change my guides accordingly. I definitely didn't take your comments the wrong way either. No worries.

IrokDoom

09-20-2011

i'm going to try building will of the ancients after rylai's i've been saving it for a last item upgrade after filling all other slots

the revolver is essential though for sure. i didn't want to say anything about the item build because it can be circumstantial. i'm weird i like ignite and ghost for my summoner spells. i guess i just don't like flash

cokerulz

09-20-2011

Yeah. Item builds are hard to really make, because there are so many different builds you can go depending on who you are playing against. Some items like rylais and will of the ancients are a must though, because they are so helpful.

I haven't seen ghost ignite on rumble. It sounds pretty useful though. i might add some other summoner spells that would be acceptable to use and explain on them.