Is it possible to skip tear of the godess on Orianna?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galactic Teemo

09-16-2011

I haven't played her since the changes, but now do you HAVE to get it or can you skip it and get a catalyst?

RexSaur

09-16-2011

Catalyst/Philo/2~3 dorans(ring) and blue buff is mostly fine,just dont spam QQQQQQ now,make sure you hit someone when you use it everytime...She doesnt need tear as bad as anivia/karthus/veigar(basically,the only champs that needs tear are those with high cost mana draining abilities and veigar,his mana costs are just terrible for the whole game).

If you can afford to avoid tear,you should,period...There is some cases thought that it is very benificial to get it because it synergizes very well,like with Ryze,Blitz and some AD champs with spammable abilities(like Corki) to a extent...

Hint : Manamune is better than AA staff(cheaper and easier to build up),so mostly for AP champs you're better off building a RoA.

Space Marine Guy

09-16-2011

I dun recall a gun being pointed at my head when I played Orianna, so I GUESS it's possible.

Stay classy, League.

Cenerae

09-16-2011

You could always skip the tear and get a Catalyst.

RoA is better for her than archangel in most situations anyway.

suckychildren

09-16-2011

I've never gotten a tear on Ori, nor have I ever seen someone do it. Catalyst is all around a much better item, and it builds into RoA, which is one of her core items.

bourbonowns

09-16-2011

Tear of Goddess is a pretty awful item, I feel terrible whenever I buy it.

I'm sure mana regen blue and yellow + catalyst is more than enough.

Galactic Teemo

09-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by suckychildren View Post
I've never gotten a tear on Ori, nor have I ever seen someone do it. Catalyst is all around a much better item, and it builds into RoA, which is one of her core items.
I've seen a recent influx of tear ori's, I've always gotten RoA instead because it gives better survivability and sustainability, but I was wondering if it wasn't enough mana or something anymore.

Holy Malevolence

09-16-2011

What the hell....

People get tears on Orianna?
Why the hell? If you're so goram irresponsible with your mana just get a catalyst.

Whist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2011

I always went for deathfire or tome.

Deathfire if they have aggressive players who want to focus me.

IndecisivePlayer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2011

RoA

And get blue buff. You can solo that thing if you don't have a jungler pretty fast, provided you have mana.

Otherwise tell them that you need it around 15 minutes or so. Even mummy and rammus should have philo stone by then and won't need it more than you anymore.

ToG is not necessary on her at all.