Visa gift/prepaid card question for RP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Roben

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2011

hello, i'm planning on purchasing a visa prepaid or gift card for RP. Does anybody know which one is the one that doesn't have a fee when purchasing RP? I heard that if you buy a $25 card, you can only use $20 of the card do to fees.

What are the range on the Visa gift cards? is that only $25, $50, and $100?? or can I add my own amount like $35 or $30?

-thank you in advance

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

09-16-2011

I believe anything that isn't for a specific store will have fees. That said, the fee should be added on _top_ of the charge, so you still get 25 on the card, it will just cost you $28 or whatever the total is.

Edit: I don't know what the amounts are for Visa cards, I'd imagine it depends on the card you get. Riot Points, on the other hand, are only available at specific intervals.

ASAP Prince

09-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2sus View Post
hello, i'm planning on purchasing a visa prepaid or gift card for RP. Does anybody know which one is the one that doesn't have a fee when purchasing RP? I heard that if you buy a $25 card, you can only use $20 of the card do to fees.

What are the range on the Visa gift cards? is that only $25, $50, and $100?? or can I add my own amount like $35 or $30?

-thank you in advance
Well the range on Visa gift cards gives the same RP as Prepaid Cards which for 5$=650RP 10$=1380RP 20$=2800RP 35$=5000RP 50$=7200 RP And if you use a Visa Gift Card it will subtract the Gift cards value only in amounts of 5$,10$,20$,35$,50$ you cannot pick any other amount except for these as long as your paying in US method.... Other than that there is No fee for 5$ a 1$ fee for 10$ a 3$ fee for 20$ a 5$ fee for 35$ and a 8$ fee for 50$ if i remember correctly and Prepaid Cards do not have fees, other than that there is nothing much more to it. I will be on for the next 3 days most of the time if you need more help, Reply here or just add me in game -EvilBeanDevil

Lightjesscene

09-16-2011

bbbbbbbb

Roben

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2011

Thank you for the quick replies!

I'm aware of the tax when purchasing the gift card at the counter but what i want to know is, if there is another fee for purchasing RP in the LoL Store.

also, is there a $30 gift card? or only $25,$50, and $100

ASAP Prince

09-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2sus View Post
Thank you for the quick replies!

I'm aware of the tax when purchasing the gift card at the counter but what i want to know is, if there is another fee for purchasing RP in the LoL Store.

also, is there a $30 gift card? or only $25,$50, and $100
Sadly their is another Tax i believe in the Store when buying with Visa....and there is I think only either 20$ or 35$ closest to 30$ but with the added tax a 20$ RP purchase for 2800 RP would cost 23$

ASAP Prince

09-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilBeanDevil View Post
Sadly their is another Tax i believe in the Store when buying with Visa....and there is I think only either 20$ or 35$ closest to 30$ but with the added tax a 20$ RP purchase for 2800 RP would cost 23$
Adding to this by tax i meant during your buyout transaction in the LoL Client it will charge you that fee :P