Please make Silver + Bronze Season 1 Badges

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sessorach

12-02-2011

Platinum badges legitimately mean that that player knows what they're doing and is good at the game.

You could get a gold badge by entering ranked and winning most of your first 10-20 games, or winning a good chunk then making up for losses after your Elo settled down. I played 30 ranked games to get my badge, it wasn't a huge epic struggle.

That being said, if you think you deserve a badge and just didn't get one because your team trolled you endlessly, or because you were stuck in Elo hell, or because the stars just aligned against you, then you probably don't deserve it for two reasons:
1) People who assume they deserve something (have a sense of entitlement) are generally the sort of people who always blame their teammates and never analyze their own mistakes.
2) I would bet that a good number of people who make those claims didn't try their best in ranked games; instead, they raged and yelled and blamed their teams instead of doing everything in their power to achieve victory. They picked whatever champion they wanted to play instead of striving for a strong team composition and then used their teammates' perceived failures as an excuse not to give it their all.

catapl3x

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2011

no one deserves anything. this is a game

GhostStatus

12-02-2011

seriously this threads still going

Radiums

12-02-2011

decision is made /thread closed

Olyps

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamat View Post
Thank you for your post, Twentysix. As we begin the journey into Season Two we are seeing that some of our Summonerís would like to obtain these badges on the forums as well as on their in game accounts. I wanted to take a moment to address this feedback and give some additional context.

When we announced the release of forum badges near the end of Season One, one of our primary goal was to give all of you the chance to reach this personal goal and receive their Gold and Platinum badges. We ultimately decided not to recognize Silver and Bronze in the forums, based on our discussions internally which indicated it might alienate some of those players, and because we felt strongly about giving extra recognition to Gold and Platinum players.

We definitely appreciate how passionate some of you are about this, but we stand by the decision that was made. Having said that, we will definitely consider this feedback for when we start planning Season Two rewards.

Have fun, Summoners!
No way I don't want my stinky bronze badge from last season. I plan on silver or gold for this season.

Atyres

12-02-2011

Quote:
We definitely appreciate how passionate some of you are about this, but we stand by the decision that was made. Having said that, we will definitely consider this feedback for when we start planning Season Two rewards.

Have fun, Summoners!
So it will be ok to recognize the work of players who couldn't quiet make it due to either not having a consistent team or poor luck with team mates at the end of season two, just not season one?

SVX348

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2011

Quote:
Thank you for your post, Twentysix. As we begin the journey into Season Two we are seeing that some of our Summonerís would like to obtain these badges on the forums as well as on their in game accounts. I wanted to take a moment to address this feedback and give some additional context.

When we announced the release of forum badges near the end of Season One, one of our primary goal was to give all of you the chance to reach this personal goal and receive their Gold and Platinum badges. We ultimately decided not to recognize Silver and Bronze in the forums, based on our discussions internally which indicated it might alienate some of those players, and because we felt strongly about giving extra recognition to Gold and Platinum players.

Have fun, Summoners!
so let me get this straigh. you are fine with the fact, that people who barely got to 1520 elo call overs badgeless scums, but you won't be fine if 1200 elo guys will poop on bad players? kk.

Artelmis

12-02-2011

Quote:

Have fun, Summoners!
option 1: recognition for gold/plat players and ignore bronze/silver (Bronze and silver get alienated)

option 2: recognition for gold/plat players with gold/plat badges (means they did well) and recognition for bronze/silver players with bronze and silver badges (they didn't do so well but at least were ranked) nobody is alienated and there's clear differentiation between the colors.

soooooooooooooooooooooooooo

yeah

Chiquihuite

12-02-2011

Because the whole community of "lolnobadgestfunoob" is better?

For the record, having a badge saying "hey I ranked in the top 10%" most definitely would not have made me feel "alienated".

Nasdrovia499

12-02-2011

People forget about the % of players in each "bracket".
Platinum players earned it and get recognition for that.
Gold players...eh, arguable, 1520 was a pretty low limit for that, but ok.

Silver and bronze players are legion, and making the difference between Silver, Bronze, and "badgeless" players are mixed to avoid it being thrown in every debate. Atm it isn't too much of an issue because you're either a gold/plat, or not. If they did it, it would be silver players mocking bronze players taunting badgeless players all day long.

Lastly, you have all right to be proud of a silver/bronze badge, but it wouldn't be something particularly impressive on forums anyway, and some people have improved a lot and prefer to be "anonymous" till they earn a better ranking, rather than having to show a bronze badge in every post.