Please make Silver + Bronze Season 1 Badges

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CTkiller

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterPlow View Post
How is that any different than now?
It be a lot worst for players without a badge because it be a much smaller player base who won't have them instead of lets say 3/4 who don't have badges right now

you'll feel A LOT more alienated

MisterPlow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2011

Hardly ... As it is now ...

Platinum says gold is noob.
gold says badgeless is noob.
both say badgeless is noob.

It would just extend the chain of douchbaggery ... Everyone still calls someone a noob, just more people get to wear a shiny badge while they do it ..

Gendou Ikari

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamat View Post
Thank you for your post, Twentysix. As we begin the journey into Season Two we are seeing that some of our Summoner’s would like to obtain these badges on the forums as well as on their in game accounts. I wanted to take a moment to address this feedback and give some additional context.

When we announced the release of forum badges near the end of Season One, one of our primary goal was to give all of you the chance to reach this personal goal and receive their Gold and Platinum badges. We ultimately decided not to recognize Silver and Bronze in the forums, based on our discussions internally which indicated it might alienate some of those players, and because we felt strongly about giving extra recognition to Gold and Platinum players.

We definitely appreciate how passionate some of you are about this, but we stand by the decision that was made. Having said that, we will definitely consider this feedback for when we start planning Season Two rewards.

Have fun, Summoners!
I was 9 ELO from gold. I feel more alienated with no badge at all. You could make the the badges tiny and crappy looking. Just give us something that we worked for.

ActivEcks

Recruiter

12-02-2011

Do you realize that every player in the past 4 pages that was openly supportive of Riots decision, was in fact a Gold Player... heh.

it was actually super easy to get gold by doing 3v3 premades and 5v5 premades than just tryign to solo/duo que it up. Several of my friends done this and I jumped on the band-wagon too late was like 2 games away from getting my badge, but I don't even care that I don't have a badge at this point... but it bothers me on a personal level to see the Elitist-Jerks (pun intended) trying to put guard dogs around their badges like they'll lose something important if they're not special anymore.

viprock2002

12-02-2011

Could you also make elo hell bagdes?

SpecAce

12-02-2011

Quote:
Thank you for your post, Twentysix. As we begin the journey into Season Two we are seeing that some of our Summoner’s would like to obtain these badges on the forums as well as on their in game accounts. I wanted to take a moment to address this feedback and give some additional context.

When we announced the release of forum badges near the end of Season One, one of our primary goal was to give all of you the chance to reach this personal goal and receive their Gold and Platinum badges. We ultimately decided not to recognize Silver and Bronze in the forums, based on our discussions internally which indicated it might alienate some of those players, and because we felt strongly about giving extra recognition to Gold and Platinum players.

We definitely appreciate how passionate some of you are about this, but we stand by the decision that was made. Having said that, we will definitely consider this feedback for when we start planning Season Two rewards.

Have fun, Summoners!
seriously you could have posted this on day one.

ias

12-02-2011

badges don't matter

Gøggles

12-02-2011

Quote:
We ultimately decided not to recognize Silver and Bronze in the forums, based on our discussions internally which indicated it might alienate some of those players, and because we felt strongly about giving extra recognition to Gold and Platinum players.
You're afraid that it will alienate some players? What do you think the Gold and Platinum badges do? There are a select few with those badges and the rest of us feel left out.

superfagbutt5

12-02-2011

snibbity diggity

Gurei Fullbuster

12-02-2011

Quote:

Have fun, Summoners!
-_-

For once, I actually, legitimately hate a Riot employee.

Edit: I forgot, this is my 2nd hate. First was Matt M.