Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Game CRASHES... The driver stopped responding but has recovered

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kreecher

09-22-2011

Running dual GTX 570's here and this error has only happened since the Skarner patch.. I've uninstalled and reinstalled multiple drivers and even the beta drivers and still get the error, It's totally random when it happens. I can play games like BC2, blackops, WoT and some others and not have a problem at all.. It only happens with LoL

Gives me a black screen for a few seconds then kicks me to the desktop and says "The driver stopped responding but has recovered "

xX SoAKeD Xx

09-24-2011

I have the same setup but 8 gb of ram.. This actually made me quit for almost a month and its still not fixed
i7 3ghz
gigabyte gtx 570
8gb of DDR 3 @ 1600Mhz
Windows 7 ultimate x64.

Yorveth

09-24-2011

I just thought I'd say I have the same problems.

i7 3ghz oc
gtx 570
12gb ram
windows 7 x64

be nice if riot lets us know something.

Lithinz

09-24-2011

same problem.

i7-2600k @ 3.6 gzh
gtx 590
16 gigs of ram
win 7 x64

Orion Silverhelm

09-24-2011

I suggest the 280.26 drivers for those of you having stability issues with league of legends, anything over this has been causing issues with league of legends.

Attack Gingers

09-24-2011

I actually just figured out that if I have Firefox open at the same time as I'm playing a game it crashes. I have played more than ten games while not on Firefox and haven't had an error yet. So I don't know if this is happening to everyone but this is what helped me.

Mysterious Guile

09-25-2011

This definitely has nothing to do with Firefox for me. Riot is completely ignoring the situation, they're going to lose players, and they're going to lose money. Apparently a few people having their ability to play the game means nothing to Riot, even if it is entirely their faults. I wonder how much ATI is paying them to ignore this problem?

Uthgar

Recruiter

09-30-2011

Bumping the thread. Any acknowledgment or preliminary insights to the problem?

Shoami

09-30-2011

I have been struggling with this since June and I believe I have fixed it... I need to do more testing, but last night I played 3-4 matches without a hitch. Previously I was crashing 2-4 times a match.

Here is what I did:
Step 1. Turn Link State Power Management Off-
Under Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, and Power options, I changed the settings to High Performance. This turns off Link State Power Management (found in Advanced under PCI Express if you want to check to make sure it's off).

Step 2. Turn off PowerMizer-
Download Nv GPU Pro - http://www.nvgpupro.com/ Run that tool, choose to "Completely disable Nvidia PowerMizer technology whether on battery or plugged in" under PowerMizer options - machine will need to reboot.

Try playing again.

I would recommend trying first two steps first before trying this one. If you are still having problems, download, install and run EVGA Precision, go to your Core Clock and knock it down like 10Mhz- 15Mhz - not much at all. This will also adjust your Shader Clock a bit. I did this too in case it was caused by overheating. I noticed zero performance difference.

Try playing again.

Hopefully you are able to play now. Please report back as I am curious if anyone else will have success with this!

Here are my specs:
Clevo W870CU Laptop
Intel Core i7 Q820M
NVIDIA GTX 280M - on the latest Official Nvidia drivers.
4GB 1333MHz RAM
120 GB SSD + 320 HDD
Windows 7 Pro x64

Mecir

10-02-2011

This is also happening to me - I don't think its the Nvidia driver as LoL worked fine on this driver until the last patch. Then this started happening and its becoming extremely irritating. Especially when you crash in queue and then get penalized for "abandoning".