Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Always have to hit retry

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UnspunReality

09-28-2011

Just a question. Are you using verizon? I had this problem. Its a deal with their westell modems I believe that causes this. I no longer have verizon and as such no longer have this problem. I remember a gearbox told me this was a problem with his girlfriend and she was on verizon internet aswell.

And yes. I used a router aswell when I used verizon. So I didnt always have a westell modem. It was just a problem with Verizon period. This could be a different case but I know the pain. I dealt with it for a year before I switched to Optimum Online. Faster speeds, same price, no more waiting for retry.

Tizamarou

09-29-2011

Quote:
UnspunReality:
Just a question. Are you using verizon? I had this problem. Its a deal with their westell modems I believe that causes this. I no longer have verizon and as such no longer have this problem. I remember a gearbox told me this was a problem with his girlfriend and she was on verizon internet aswell.

And yes. I used a router aswell when I used verizon. So I didnt always have a westell modem. It was just a problem with Verizon period. This could be a different case but I know the pain. I dealt with it for a year before I switched to Optimum Online. Faster speeds, same price, no more waiting for retry.

yea i have the same issue with the retry button, i have a westell modem but i have centurylink instead of verizon

Wraine

Recruiter

09-29-2011

I have the same issue as this except I can't connect with the retry button. I've had this issue before, but I can't remember how the issue was solved (maybe it just took time/another patch or something). Regardless, it works on my laptop, just not on my PC. Everything was working fine until a few days ago.

Tried reinstalling, turning off firewall, port forwarding, all without results.

Vrokoglou

09-30-2011

> I have the same issue as this except I can't connect with the retry button.

90% of the cases I have to click retry exactly once! 10% none at all. Never 2 or above.

This is an annoying problem that I only want to solve because I'd like to use the lolRecorder for replays which won't work at those 90% of cases

Vrokoglou

10-03-2011

Bumping this thread for new tests:
Changed the router's MTU to different settings and also from PPPoE to PPPoA and still failing

iKnowMyADCs

10-04-2011

I can't use LolRecorder because of this bug -_-
I can't show off my epic games on YouTube ;/

Vrokoglou

10-08-2011

After mentioning this to lolrecorder's forums the guys made a workaround:
http://www.leaguereplays.com/forum/topic/1353/

awesome

Wraine

Recruiter

10-08-2011

My laptop will run LoL with no issues, my PC will not. They are both connected to the same router accessing the same internet (Bell, as I am in Canada)

2 weeks so far...

Edit: and to add, it was working perfectly on my PC before 2 weeks ago

arcMSi dude

10-08-2011

I have the same problem. Though have had it well before the talon patch. I'm in Australia.

It's a very annoying problem.

i am sam

Recruiter

11-14-2011

I'm getting the same issue. It started around the time I got my new modem (billion bipac 7800n). Sometimes (Maybe once every 20 or 30 games) I won't have to hit retry but there seems to be no pattern to why it work on those game and not on every other.