Zilean: “But I'm a Pacifist!” The Chronokeeper

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Craixis

12-23-2010

Bravo, you've mistaken a guide for a discussion post...
And Time Bomb's range is fine for what it does, the cooldown is 3.6 at max level with 40% cooldown reduction (Rewind), and his ulti is fine (being on a 28 second cooldown).

And if you're gonna troll my post, do it with some dignity.

I've never had a problem against Ashe as Zilean, I make them work for their kill if they go for it, and most of the time it ends up failing and they retreat. Zilean Slow > Ashe's Slow, buys you just enough time to get out of range and safe from her auto attack. Timewarp is a very strong skill, and many people underestimate how powerful it really is, it can save most anyone from a Highlanding Yi, a Raging Tryn, or a Lizard buffed Shaco. The duration is incredible at max level, and though this guide levels it last, it ultimately abuses it at every knick and turn (I've said it countless times, you hit level 18 Quick).

saLeenITALYSFINEST

12-23-2010

Bravo, you've mistaken my freedom to post watever it is i desire without breaking rules..

I don't see how i dont have dignity posting that makes just about as much sense as your arguement

Craixis

12-23-2010

I have asked, however, that you post some relevant to the guide in general and preferably something helpful.

If you are fighting an Ashe mid, the best thing to do as Zilean is to save 200 mana for Chronoshift when she's level 6. You know she's going to ult you and go for the kill, the best thing to do is wait for her to fire the arrow, then pop Chronoshift, she'll either kill you, causing you to respawn at almost full HP, or leave you be. Zilean can effective push mid lane without much effort, once the last of her minions die, fall back to your turret and wait for another wave, she'll be fighting off your minion wave by the time her next wave arrives causing the lane to reset (Ashe kills minions quickly when not under fire).

She's also fighting the turret for last hits while trying to keep it alive, if she only last hits, her turret will eventually fall apart, allowing you to go off to other lanes.

Is that a better argument for you, or are you going to continue to try and make me look like an ass?

saLeenITALYSFINEST

12-23-2010

I understand but if u read what i posted a zilean soloing a ashe while being stalked by a level 1 evelyn .. everyone knows evelyn is the best hero in the game at any level therefore zilean is forced with no option but to feed the other teams superminions until they buy thornmail and thornmail is unbeatable unless u have an evelyn

Wonton55

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2010

Ignoring the troll...

Do you really feel that not getting AP is the best option on Zilean? Perhaps it's force of habit, but I simply can't play right when my time bombs do no damage. I like to have some presence in teamfights that can't be summed up by "hastes/slows and a revive every 30 seconds". Sure, the revive is powerful, but as far as pure support goes, Janna or Taric do a much better job IMO.

Craixis

12-23-2010

Timebomb's Ratio is great, but so is its base damage. Most of the time I don't notice I'm missing AP (If you follow build one, you get a boatload from just Archangel's, which makes you hit hard till end game). When you focus on more AP over CDR, you can't spam Rewind (thus, your ult) often, 28 seconds on a GA is powerful (it gives more HP, but not mana), and you're a Support/Nuker, not a straight nuker. That's what many people forget about Zilean, is that he's meant to be throwing around buffs and debuffs during the fight, that's all he actually has (lets face it, Timebomb is actually a debuff that procs after 4 seconds).
Time bomb is a powerful skill, to say the least, but its the weakest in his Kit (when played right, Zilean is a powerhouse of a support). I don't need to kill the enemy, I need to keep my team alive, which is what this build does.

Timewarp can pull your weaker allies out of hell while slowing down the enemies long enough for a hard CC to catch them (or for your team to burst them). It can also allow your tank to initiate quickly without a powerhouse ult (That being said, Galio charging in at +55% move Speed is scary **** man). It can also effectively move your team together (speed up the guys in the back) to almost anywhere on the map without much coordination on their part (your tanks may be in the back for now, they won't be in 2 seconds). Its a strong utility, which many people underestimate.

I mean, I would like to see Janna keep Tryn locked down when he's got a hard on for your carries, or Taric burst heal a carry to full (or grant them 13 second immunity if the enemy doesn't want to kill them). Zilean supports in his own way, the way he supports, there is no match. And trust me, this build will get people raging at you, the fact that you ensure a death to any carry/support/tank that gets in range without flash up (and some times even when it is, 5.5 seconds is a long time) makes you a high priority target, which isn't a bad thing if you have a bit of M resist/hp and are able to Clutch Rez.

Wonton55

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2010

I completely agree with you that the 40% CDR is the most important stat for a Zilean! Which is why after about level 9-11, I start selfishly taking the blue buff every time it's up, because IMO, Zilean really benefits from it way more than any other champ (except maybe Anivia). In the rare case that I can't get the buff or someone else does need it more, I usually pick up a Glacial Shroud.

Craixis

12-23-2010

Glacial Shroud is great, but base mana isn't as strong as Regen. That being said, even high Regen on Zilean you can find yourself lacking mana at crucial times. Zilean is one of the few characters in the game with Blue Buff Priority, due to his mana guzzling nature (and need for CDR). I can usually get by without it, though I'll take it if offered (most of the time, I find other people need it more). I do highly suggest getting it when you can, the main problem is how long it takes Zilean to get it (having 1 nuke makes killing neutral creeps a pain in the arse)

Wonton55

12-23-2010

Agree with all of the above. Thing is, I hate "wasting" CDR, so I pretty much refuse to get the base value above 15%, since I know that'll give me exactly 40% with blue buff. My build usually goes Doran's Ring --> Sorc Boots --> Catalyst --> RoA --> Tear --> Archangel's --> Whatever (I've gotten BV, Thornmail, GA, Abyssal Sceptre, Zhonya's, etc).

I noticed in your build, you get boots QUITE late. I used to do that (sometimes delaying boots 1 as late as 30 min - that was stupid). Now, I've flipped on that, and rush the Sorc Boots instead. It really saves mana early on, because you don't have to rely on E to escape every time an enemy looks in your direction.

Craixis

12-23-2010

Boots have always been a varied item, I tend to grab them earlier if I find I need them, but ultimately Timewarp/ Ghost can make up for the lack of boots for the "while" you're without them (I may need to add to possibly grab boots sooner, speaking of which... done). You usually won't notice you're missing boots until you finish Spirit Visage (as that's when the teamfights/ganks begin), though there is never harm in grabbing them before you're done Archangel's (Preferably after Tear). I'll usually have boots by 15 minutes (at the latest), which is fine for the most part.

The Soul Shroud is a bit overkill on CDR, for yourself, but it also provides an aura for the team (both CDR and Mana regen if I remember correctly), which is why I overdo it by that little bit. That being said, once I get Soul Shroud, I can usually sell my Spirit Visage without it hurting me too much.