Riven Build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SiLiZ

09-15-2011

I have had luck with these builds. I have been trying out quite a bit of them with her. Out of 6 games I have won and done well in 5. One game was horrid >.>

As Riven you always want to focus on capping your CDR. Always!

Flash and Exhaust (Get Cripple in Offensive Tree!)

21/0/9 For Masteries
Runes - Focus on AD/AP, Movement Speed, and CDR

Starting Items -

Doran's Blade (If harassing in your lane is projected to be easy)
Doran's Shield (If you may get zoned)

After one of these grab your Boots of Speed

Grab another Doran's Blade or two, I find myself ending up with 2 or 3 Blade's depending on the starting item I chose every time. Works great on her.

Upgrade your boots to Ionian Boots of Lucidity. If you are getting hammered or the team is CC heavy, get the Mercury Treads.

Rush a Youmuu's Ghostblade if you're doing well. Wriggles is nice and I do use it, but I just don't use AS on her and the amount of return from Lifesteal items isn't quite worth it I have noticed. The AD and Armor are good early on though. And for farming creep waves or roaming through the jungle this item will help. I tend to find the bonus stats from the Doran's items are good enough early on. Regardless, if I get Wriggle's I sell it later on and Youmuu's will ALWAYS be in your build.

Now we have our starting core! Doran's Bladex2+Doran's Shield or Doran's Bladex3, Youmuu's Ghostblade, Ionian Boots of Lucidity<-Personal Preference or Mercury Treads.

Hopefully your CDR is nearly capped through the Boots, Ghostblade, and Runes at this point.

Mid-Late Game Items

Get Warmogs or Frozen Mallet - Both are great on her. I like the Mallet personally, but the Warmogs gives more HP and a bit more sustainability through HP Regen. Choose depending on enemy team comp. You can even for both and get an Atma's Impaler. I choose to get these before the next item because it beefs you up. A dead Riven is a useless Riven.

Get a Hextech Gunblade - Absolutely awesome on her. Get it on every build. Yeah it has AP on it, but the 25% Spell Vamp and +60 AD is what we are looking at. The Lifesteal is good as well. This item is MUCH MUCH better than getting the Bloodthirster. The amount you will spamming Q, W, and if your Ultimate connects with the entire team/creep waves you are almost instantly healed.

At this point you can go for Infinity Edge, the Black Cleaver, Hexdrinker, Guardian Angel, etc.. Whatever you think you need against the other team. Just make sure you have good CDR and AD.

Final Core - This is what I have been using.
Ionian Boots of Lucidity, Youmuu's Ghostblade, Frozen Mallet/Warmog's, Hextech Gunblade.

Example Build-

Ionian Boots of Lucidity, Youmuu's Ghostblade, Frozen Mallet, Warmogs, Hextech Gunblade, Atma's Impaler. - My personal favorite. But it wont help you much if you don't know how to use her. Even with the HP, this doesn't favor any hard Armor Resist/Magic Resist. Hopefully your team comp is good and your Tank/Support give you the buffs you need.

*I have yet to try out Trinity Force in a build. I will be doing so later on.

Feel free to try it out and input is welcome.

Edit-

Harassing is easy early on. And rewarding. The build I posted requires that later on during the team fighting phase you KNOW WHEN TO JUMP IN! Riven is good at chasing down and sweeping up the stragglers or finishing off the team. Just because you dash doesn't mean you get to initiate. Arrive late within reason or flank the team if possible.

SiLiZ

09-16-2011

http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Riven...00000&level=18

Link to example build. Have fun!

Tristan Trades

09-16-2011

I'm thinking that AD damage runes are better then AP runes on her, because of her abilities. A full AD/Level marks gives her Q 13 extra damage. Is that worth it?

SiLiZ

09-16-2011

Oops, get Marks of Desolation. I crapped that one up. Keep the Seals of Might though. Editing link. The Synergy with AD is awesome on her, but a nice amount of AP is good. She can burst like crazy!

My focus was to

Max CDR for ability spam.
Get ~300AD.
Spell Vamp because of ability spam.
High HP (If you play it right and don't get focused, a single target should not be able to dump your 4k before you kill them.)
Movement Speed to make escaping and harassing easier.

Because your Q hits a cone in front of you on the first to uses and an AoE on the last, if you hit creeps and multiple champions at the same time it heals for quite a large amount. Add your ultimate to that and it's insane. Because you don't build AS on her, Lifesteal is meh because her AAs aren't going to be excessive like Trynd or Yi. I see many people rushing a Bloodthirster, and each time I feel it gimps them. The Hextech for a bit more gold gives you the same AD and roughly the same LS, but you gain SV and a good active ability. And when used in a team fight right you can replenish your health quickly.