AP Warwick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

peyo

05-30-2010

I was just wondering, is it viable?
I've just played the game where there was one, but there was not much time for him to show us how good was he.

He was laining and his build was something like that:
Doran's Ring + Mana pot
Sorc Boots
Fiendish Codex
Rylai
(the game ended here, but that's what he should get next imo)
Nashor's Tooth
Lich Bane
Haunting Guise?
+ more AP items

His lifesteal with Q was like wtf?! early. I was wondering if it stacks with Lich Bane giving even more lifesteal?

Kalenhad

05-30-2010

I saw a ww like that and to tell you the truth.He sucked,he did some kills yea but he wasn't that strong.

CrushD

05-30-2010

Rather than what you suggested peyo, I'd find it more amusing to see a magic damage Warwick with:

Sorc Boots
Madred's Razor
Deathfire Grasp
Void Staff
Haunting Guise
item of choice

Loads of magic pen to ensure his % damage skills do maximum damage. Imagine Deathfire Grasp, ~35% of their HP, Q 20% of their max HP, Infinite Duress with Razor, at least another 20%, along with another Q. Only MR stackers could withstand it ^^, would be amusing to see.

Viss

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrushD View Post
Rather than what you suggested peyo, I'd find it more amusing to see a magic damage Warwick with:

Sorc Boots
Madred's Razor
Deathfire Grasp
Void Staff
Haunting Guise
item of choice

Loads of magic pen to ensure his % damage skills do maximum damage. Imagine Deathfire Grasp, ~35% of their HP, Q 20% of their max HP, Infinite Duress with Razor, at least another 20%, along with another Q. Only MR stackers could withstand it ^^, would be amusing to see.
Item of choice of course being Lich Bane

I was thinking about this myself. LOL. Would be very amusing, and yet still a completely competent jungler. Honestly though, I am generally eating people with just Bloodrazors and some boots. Maybe I'll fool with the all out AP build for fun

zoNoj

Senior Recruiter

08-09-2010

lol i just went ap ww in a ranked game, got 7-0-14

IceDive

08-09-2010

AP WW is awesome in All Random Only Mid

D0llSlght

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-09-2010

no, ww sux in AROM

Firebirdz

04-04-2011

Aram

Crush

04-04-2011

I typically build WW MPen/Atkspd early on, then building survivability later on. It's pretty effective. My build typically consists of:

Madreds
Sorc Shoes
Malady
Wit's End/SotD
GA/Banshee's

Warrrax

04-04-2011

AP Warwick is very strong early game. The key is to take advantage of it and get off to a great start...THEN transition to a more conventional build.

With a 1.0 ratio that deals damage AND fully heals for that damage, he is like Vlad on crack. A Dorans ring is the perfect start for him, and AP Quints are very tempting as well, along with MPen Reds. Ignite+mastery adds even more damage.
His first item after B should be an amplyfying tome and boots.

However, he only has ONE spell with a 1.0 ratio and 400 range. AP is otherwise unused. This is just NOT ENOUGH to sustain even a more fed champ through the entire game.

Hence, he should upgrade to a Malady (with that tome) and work towards a bloodrazor, then Banshees and the usual toughness stuff. Since most of his damage is magical melee, it works just fine with his MPen runes and Sorc shoes.

The Dorans is useful throughout the game for mana regen and health. He will also have a slightly bigger than usual Nuke/heal for most of the game.

TL;DR - AP WW should beat down his opponent into submission and get off to a strong start. Then transition to magical melee damage.