Should the purple teams' camera angle be changed ?

Yes, I agree 1,204 78.85%
No, I do not agree 56 3.67%
I play with an unlocked screen, does not affect me 267 17.49%
Voters: 1527. You may not vote on this poll

PETITION: Camera angle correction

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CCCM89

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2011

I would just like to say something.

I have recently started playing regularly with an unlocked camera. Not because I want to, but because I have to. It is near impossible for a ranged caster on the purple team to see what they're aiming at without unlocking the camera. And even then, I then can not see behind me at all. sure, it's passable, and lets me actually put up a fight, but it would be so much better if I could see the same distance from the bottom of the screen as I can from the top. I would much rather be able to lock my camera when I'm attacking, so I don't have to micro manage the camera just to see the enemy, while they don't have to bother with it.

In short, please, for the sake of not giving one team an unfair advantage over the other, change the camera angle.

elmcninja

11-12-2011

Bump. Camera rotation would be bomb.

Skidborg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-12-2011

Adding my voice to the chorus of requests. Riot, please make this happen.

ceasetheday

11-12-2011

I realize that coming from upper right on Summoner's Rift (purple as you people here wish to call it) is a disadvantage, but I don't think the camera angle should be changed. I still voted yes though because something must be done.

I play with an unlocked camera all the time. It's not a matter of camera but camera orientation. Imagine you're falling back behind purple's bot turret and unless you glance at the minimap, you can't tell if the enemy is diving you because the HUD blocks your view. If playing purple's bot, you have to push the enemy team back just to have a decent view, leaving you susceptible to ganks.

I think it's more a problem with the HUD (technically, the heads down display).
Option 1. The screen should fit the area not including the HUD so the HUD doesn't block the available map view. Further zoom out should probably be added in conjunction.
Option 2. The HUD, minimap, inventory, etc. should unlockable and movable in the menu, rather than a key that you can accidentally press. Just imagine playing purple with your HUD is at the top of your screen rather than the bottom. Furthermore, to see the bushes to your side, you can also move your inventory and teammates to the appropriate side of the screen.

I think my second option is more viable to RIOT considering they don't have to alter the map or the camera.

BeStillFool

11-13-2011

Definitely an issue.

MigeruX

11-14-2011

bumped

MigeruX

11-14-2011

bumped again

CCCM89

11-15-2011

if we want riot to take this seriously, we'll need a lot more pages worth of evidence in favor of changing the camera angle, so I propose we start posting anecdodes about how the current camera angle has screwed you over durring the game. I'll start:

I was bot against a maokai and a sona one game. I was on purple team, unfortunetely, and was playing cass, but that's not what I want to say. about halfway through the match, the maokai recalls out of lane, leaving sona to defend. so me and my lane partner take the chance and attack sona. I flash in and stun her and start in on my combo, then she flashes and jukes into the brush. Naturally, I try to through in a W to gain sight in the brush, only the brush is jsut slightly off screen, so I move to get the brush on screen, only to realize my camera is still unlocked and is not moving, so I quickly move the camera down, but by the time I can finaly cast where I want, sona has already gotten away. It only took a couple seconds for her to run, and I know I could have killed her if not for the camera and having to micro manage every step of the way.

Dueliest

11-15-2011

I too have been looking for a thread to put my purple team grief in. I like the idea of dynamic views but I wouldn't expect them to get on that right away (technically difficult). However I agree wholeheartedly with Suitmonster and want the option and maybe even an additional check-box to toggle the HUD layout to associate with the summoner platform ie, top has HUD on top when your team is based on top and well blue is just the same. With it dynamically changing based on team location you wont end up with a HUD on top while your on blue team . I'd also like to point out that there is almost a whole screens worth of wasted space on top left (specifically on summoners rift) what a better place to put the HUD!?!!

Imrtltrtl

11-17-2011

Glad to see I'm not alone in this opinion. Anything to fix either the camera angle or allow me to zoom out more to see further would be awesome. Or toggle ALL of the HUD on/off, not just the puny score at the top right. (What good is that, anyway?)