Should the purple teams' camera angle be changed ?

Yes, I agree 1,204 78.85%
No, I do not agree 56 3.67%
I play with an unlocked screen, does not affect me 267 17.49%
Voters: 1527. You may not vote on this poll

PETITION: Camera angle correction

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saminal

04-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCM89 View Post
moving the action bar won't fix it, and here is an example why:
go up to the second floor of your house/apartment(or any nearby multiple story building) and look out the window. you can see pretty far out there, right? now look down. can you see the edge of the building you're in? can you see the ground below your window? no, you can't. sure, you can try to open the window or remove anything that might be in the way, but unless you stick your head out the window and look straight down, you're not going to see the ground below you.

same problem with the camera. it's at an angle, not looking straight down, so no amount of hud removeal will allow you to see the same distance below the center of the screen then above.

Does that help clarify the issue here? are you now aware that it's not a hud issue, but the in game camera itself?
I don't see how this is the problem. Blue team has the same view, why would purple be at a disadvantage because of this? I'm certain that I don't see the problem that everyone is discussing here, and I've tried reading most every post (sorry, there's a lot). I can see an issue if you play with a locked screen, but just unlock it and keep your thumb poised over the spacebar. Queue dodging because you're on purple side sounds like the most immature thing in the world of League of Legends. Please call me a "noob" and your favorite curse word instead! I'll bet most of my wins have been from on purple team. I prefer that team/side. I think the jungle's better - gank top right after hitting level 3 and getting red buff.

Please stop worrying about something that really shouldn't be a problem, and let Riot work on things that are more important, like game play balances, and bug fixes. LoL is an RTS type/style game at it's core and originality; there's no locked screens in any RTS game I've ever heard of. So, true it's a fun LoL unique option, but if you're playing "competitively" then you've got to unlock the screen. Play against some A.I. and get use to playing unlocked if you have to.

Phoulmouth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-03-2012

What you're asking for is too time consuming to program and may result in a complete overhaul of the game.

All Riot needs to do to fix this issue is to unlock the UI elements so people can move and resize them as they please as well as increasing the maximum zoom distance the game allows.

2 fairly simple things and this non existent problem will go away.

Another fix that is even easier is for baddies to stop trying to play with a locked screen. But instead of doing something super simple like that you all would rather cry on the forums.

aceconklin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-04-2012

I do agree when playing the purple side that it is very very frustrating when playing a caster or ranged character. Theres nothing worse then finding out your on the purple team in my opinion. If you have the capability to play unlocked good for you. But i enjoy paying more attention to my character placement then my camera angle. I consider myself to be very cordinated especially with video games and i just cannot play a game like LOL and be focused on my camera angle. Not like making a miror mode will affect the people who play unlocked. If they can do it on blue then it makes no difference. League has been out for a few years now i believe im surprised they havent already done this! And its not hard to program a camera angle for the purple side. Comeon now really? If they can program all the effects and the levels etc.... I think they can mirror the camera! Mirror mode would be greatly appreciated riot!

Iz¨¨l

04-04-2012

Phoulmouth, playing with a locked screen doesn't make anyone a baddie.... everyone has a different play-style but on purple side it is like a handicap to be ranged.
I have another suggestion for riot, I'm not sure if this was mentioned yet or not but this can easily resolve by allowing players to rotate their camera, that way the people who don't mind playing purple as it currently is can do that and the rest of us who are having problems can just rotate the cam to suit their field of view needs.
I'm not sure which of the different ideas that have been given through-out this thread is easier to program but what it comes down to at the end of the day is over 70% of the poll agrees that something NEEDS to be done so please riot instead of bringing out new characters every other week fix this problem. Please.

Best Atheist NA

04-04-2012

Being able to zoom the camera one or two more notches would be a big help also, if all other options aren't mechanically possible.

Doc Oats

04-05-2012

I am dying for camera rotation, I can't play with unlocked, and so i can only see 3/4 of the screen as purple team, which gives the other team the range advantage, especially if i'm long ranged.

Secondly, I am not sure how hard this would relaly be to install, seeing how almost every other RPG, RTS, MMO, etc game has rotate in it.

Treggyz

04-06-2012

I wish for this to be put in as well, as it can give blue team players an advantage. I play with the camera locked (most of the time) and it is just a lot easier and a lot more fun to play like that when im on blue team, since i have a good view of everything and I don't have to mess with moving my camera around. Then when I get put on purple im like forced to play unlocked and I play a lot worse then what im capable of, since I have to keep moving the camera around. Im not asking for this to be forced on all players, so a button or option in the video settings or something could really help out a lot of players, like myself.

Lee5790

04-06-2012

The only reason I don't like playing mid is the chance that im on purple team. I always feel like im at a disadvantage then, especially when im versing a good poke champ.
Having a different camera for purple team will also help a person with an unlocked camera, just not as much.

Śesshomaru

04-07-2012

The people have spoken, purple view must be changed ^__^

Pointman7

04-07-2012

I'm just gonna play against bots until this is changed.
Also not spending a dime on this game until at least it is confirmed that it will change.