Should the purple teams' camera angle be changed ?

Yes, I agree 1,231 78.71%
No, I do not agree 57 3.64%
I play with an unlocked screen, does not affect me 276 17.65%
Voters: 1564. You may not vote on this poll

PETITION: Camera angle correction

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpeedFx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2012

since i played dota i always like to play on the left bot corner of the map, is just easier to land skill shots. And i feel the same here in lol

Caeneth

02-07-2012

In my opinion you can play blue with a locked screen or unlocked what ever and your fine. We have all probably played our fair share of bot games to get used to the angle etc. Purple though gives a weird angle your not used to and god forbid you play with a locked screen the towers and ranged guys will pepper you to death. Just give an option to swap the angle it hurts no one and only puts everyone on a fair playing field. I was honestly very surprised there was not an option.

cyberia213642

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-07-2012

I figured this would already be a thread...

Both my wife and I largely play ranged champions and use locked camera (I prefer the "Diablo feel" over the "Warcraft feel") and being on purple team does feel like a disadvantage. I shrunk my HUD size a little bit (not so much that I would ever have trouble clicking the buttons) but it still feels like I can't see as well while attacking from the top.

I don't see how it would matter if everyone saw the game from the same angle, other than how the game is coded. If anything, I would think it would add fairness to the official matches if there is no blue/purple camera difference...if it ever actually did turn the tide of a match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundlesssteps View Post
It really shouldn't be too hard to make this slight change. I'd be happy if they just add the option to flip the HUD so that the map and big stuff are at the top of the screen. The angle advantage blue has is hardly noticeable, but still existent. People wouldn't be complaining about it otherwise. I can't imagine it being too hard just to mirror this. Everything else has been made.
This is also an idea. I don't like it as much as just giving everyone the blue perspective, but it would be easier to code in I think.

9mmSP

02-07-2012

Please Riot Games working on it to get better, because I also play with the camera and I fought hard.

Zetachaox

02-07-2012

The problem lies in that regardless of whether you're playing locked or not, the camera shows more of the north side of the map than of the south side of the map.

Picture for example a small teamfight in mid: All those involved have the camera pretty much centered on the teamfight, or atleast around it, regardless of playing locked or not, but those on blue have a better view of when purple players come join from the base.

Another example: say you're playing as caitlyn, if you shoot your skillshot up, you can see pretty much the full reach of the shot at a variety of angles, but if you're shooting the skillshot down, you have to scroll down a lot in order to see the full range, you can play with the camera at this position all times, but you're compromising a lot of visibility, plus whenever you want to move up in the slightest you have to scroll back up.

I think the best way to solve this issue is to implement parallel projection, because the camera stays fairly close to the floor at all times, and there no height differences in any of the maps, it would work well and it wouldn't benefit any side.

Zetachaox

02-07-2012

The problem lies in that, regardless of camera position, you see more of the north side of the field than of the south side of the field, coupled with a rather restrictive zoom, it creates an advantage for blue by having a better view of where they want to go at all times.

The solution to this is parallel projection, but it could cause some problems with art.

(i had a longer post, but the summoner's code popup ate it.)

Karolina

02-07-2012

No it didn't :P

Karolina

02-08-2012

Bump for great justice !

SpyMaster356

02-10-2012

bumpin

Stragmar

02-11-2012

bump.

no one is not asking for them to change or take away from the existing game, those who like the way it is can continue to have it stay the same, i just want them to add more camera options for those who enjoy playing differently.