Should the purple teams' camera angle be changed ?

Yes, I agree 1,204 78.85%
No, I do not agree 56 3.67%
I play with an unlocked screen, does not affect me 267 17.49%
Voters: 1527. You may not vote on this poll

PETITION: Camera angle correction

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CCCM89

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2012

I'm wondering how hard it would be to reposition the camera. Maybe keep the same angle for now, but rotate it 45 degrees. Probably moving it is easy, but setting it for the entire match would take a bit of work. Still, If Riot did this, I could guarantee they would get a lot more paying costumers flocking over from other games.

If our happiness isn't a good enough reason for Riot to fix this, maybe getting more Money is. :P

Karolina

01-29-2012

Bumping because I love the idea.

AFineDjentleman

01-30-2012

A camera angle change for purple or even the suggested "everyone is always playing as blue, and the other team is always purple" would be amazing. The second would be the best, and i think easiest to implement. Its not a huge deal, but after countless...countless......hours playing this game, I have to admit that playing purple is always a real downer. Im always pumped to see that im playing blue.

Karolina

01-31-2012

Bump 2: Bump Harder.

Camera rotates > happier purple players > the world is a better place :P

Only issue: purples would have to remember that bot would become top for them and viceversa.

SpyMaster356

02-01-2012

Bumping to keep at the top... Come on Riot!

tazbo28

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynmaker View Post
While I appreciate the support, lets not do the whole 'Chinese Owners' things in here, cool ? It's more than likely that the majority of the hardware that we use to enjoy this game came from: 'Chinese Owners'.

On the topic of the secondary map, the more I realize, it's all in the camera angle. A complete 3D model is built then the camera angle is set upon it, you can tell this by the angles used to market new skins, non of these can be achieved in game. In any case, the rendering of the game is done locally, the server just tells our machines that champ x is at this coordinate and just used this ability and we render it as such.

I'd like to think that there is a better reason than, "this is just the angle used for MOBAs" but when you look at the myriad of games where the camera is at the most beneficial angle to the primary player: WoW, The Witcher, LOCO etc. the technical merits of the 'One angle to rule them all' approach, begins to wane.
Thanks, yeah I was a little frusterated writing this after a couple losses on purple side. And I would say that 99% of the time that I lose on purple side, its due to bottom lane losing their tower early. Almost every time. I think bottom lane has the worst disadvantage here. Riot needs to at least discuss the viability of this and focus on a major patch for the Spring time. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Vesperanto

02-01-2012

This is my first post on the forums, as I came here specifically for this issue. I've only been playing for about a month and I've only been playing P.C. games for about as long.
For the past... two weeks perhaps, I've begun playing PvP matches and have have succumbed to the awfulness that is the purple team's view.
I'm struggling to match veteran players with more experience than me and who've been playing on computers far longer than I have, so having to clumsily shift the camera around, unlocked, by moving it "outside" the screen is aggravating at best. It's very rare for me to get a win on this side and regardless of better players having little problem navigating the issue, it is still a disadvantage.
Surely a mirrored angle like you guys are pushing for or at least moving the HUD to the top is not too much to ask?
I'd hope a game that depends on balance this much, would give the designers impetus to do something about it.
Though what are the chances of this thread even being coinsidered in a serious manner? Honestly.

BeefAngus

02-01-2012

^ bump

CCCM89

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

See, even the new players are complaining about this. Unless riot doesn't want any more money from these new players, they should seriously consider balancing the camera angle. At the very least, couldn't Riot come in and comment on their view of this matter? Honestly, would a simply comment really be that hard?

SeanTheKiwi

02-01-2012

29/4/13 Blue Team on normal PVP
0/7/0 Purple Team on normal PVP

Why isn't riot fixing this perspective mess?