Should the purple teams' camera angle be changed ?

Yes, I agree 1,204 78.85%
No, I do not agree 56 3.67%
I play with an unlocked screen, does not affect me 267 17.49%
Voters: 1527. You may not vote on this poll

PETITION: Camera angle correction

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Atrumv

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xytrin View Post
I had no intentions on making a troll post or anything like that. I was just stating my experience. I do admit when you first start off the game running down the mid lane or down to bottom does take a small adjustment but once the game starts i get focused on farming/ harassing that i don't notice the difference of the camera angle at all. So i guess i just dont see what everyone else is seeing...The only time purple was a disadvantage is when i first started playing (5 months ago) as the camera locked before i realize i can unlock it.
I guarantee once you play with the ability to see farther down screen when locked you'll notice a huge difference in comfort and efficiency.

El Killer Duck

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynmaker View Post
http://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws....overlord-8.jpg

A few more degrees to the right and purple team is fixed. So why Not RIOT ?

and how is this possible ?

http://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws..../deepsea-1.jpg

Forward looking view of the rift, purple vantage. best view to complete the sale eh ? *wink* don't worry, I AM buying the kog skin, all the while hoping that I'll get a forward looking view to the blue nexus for purposes other than a skin sale.
This is exactly the type of change I have put forth in another thread... can't remember which one right off the bat, but I took a map of SR, Flipped it and turned it 90 degrees to the right. what I got was a mirror where top stayed top and bot stayed bot, the only thing that did change were the neutral creeps in relation to perspective only. they are still at their natural points, only your perspective has changed.

CCCM89

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2012

hopefully if we keep this thread going long enough, riot will notice it and actually do something about it. I just want to be able to play the game without having to worry about the ****ed camera every time I play purple. Hate having to go bottom lane as purpler because of this camera angle.

Bryan da truth

01-26-2012

I agree completely. If I could pay to be on the blue side every game I would lol (not really but you get the point) its fine when im certain characters, AD carries w/e, I just unlock the camera its not to much of a struggle. But I was Lux again yesterday an all skillshot character and it was just plain annoying. Its seriously like im fighting another character with the camera lol, and cause it does not follow the char I feel a bit detached from it making me detached from the overall game/situations too at times.

Im surprised no one has blared ''Uhughguhg nub unlocked cam ftw'' yet, Im a level 30 decent player with a lot of champs but this still annoys me. I know how to use the unlocked cam. but eh. Also Casual player numbers > Pro player numbers, and I've seen so many threads complaining about this before. plz look at it Riot

SpyMaster356

01-26-2012

Here is a short url that you could put as your status in the game: goo (dot) gl /imD3B
It links to the first page of this thread

Let's see if we can get players to know bout this.

Majur

01-26-2012

Even if you play with an unlocked screen this affects you. The Blue team has a better angle. Riot needs to change this so that both teams have the view. Try launching artillery with Kogmaw while on the Purple team, **** is impossible.

CCCM89

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majur View Post
Even if you play with an unlocked screen this affects you. The Blue team has a better angle. Riot needs to change this so that both teams have the view. Try launching artillery with Kogmaw while on the Purple team, **** is impossible.
Not impossible. just frustrating. the way he plays, I like having my camera locked so I can lead with his E better, but when I need to attack a tower hugging champ, or chase, I unlock so I can keep them on screen.
Well, unless I'm on blue them, then I can jsut leave the camera locked and still manage to effectively chase down anyone running up the map.
Point is, it takes a lot more micro management to play on purple. I'm sure someone out there will say it's a good thing to micro manage in these games, but there are many other MOBAs out that focus more on micromanagement. if you want to micromanage everything, go play DOTA. if you want to play a [B]fun[B] game, then play Leage of Legends with a fair camera angle.

tazbo28

01-26-2012

I was just about to make a thread just like this. I really cant believe that after all the threads explaining this, and all the statistical data, that Riot or their Chinese owners still refuse to take our (gamers) opinions into consideration and implement these changes. Some people say that the back side of models are not being rendered on screen since they arent viewable. A good solution to this problem would be to Build a secondary map model in the exact same way they designed the original Summoners Rift. Only it would be, as other mention, from the opposite side. This way people get the same view on either side. The game could detect which side you are on, then choose which map to load the game on depending on purple or blue. But making these seperate map models would require that the champs still have to interact properly as far as collision goes. I feel that if they are going to implement the original idea of just rotating the camera, then raise the minimum system requirements as well as the minimum bandwidth requirements. Or simply move to a server based gametype like Onlive. That would make things SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much easier for us users. Then we could play this game on any device and never have to worry about installs, buggy hard drives messing up ur game, or hardware limitations. ANYTHING WOULD HELP!

Please Riot just consider that this is a legitimate discussion to be having about a REAL disadvantage in this game. Some people take the game seriously and feel as though this would help them to progress and enjoy it further, and by not doing anything about it or by just ignoring requests like this- you are losing the trust of us gamers. i mean, just LOOK AT THE POLL!!! Makes sense to me.

SpyMaster356

01-27-2012

75.5% people want it, < 5% don't and 20% don't care. HELLO RIOT! Pick up the phone!!!

Reynmaker

01-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazbo28 View Post
I was just about to make a thread just like this. I really cant believe that after all the threads explaining this, and all the statistical data, that Riot or their Chinese owners still refuse to take our (gamers) opinions into consideration and implement these changes. Some people say that the back side of models are not being rendered on screen since they arent viewable. A good solution to this problem would be to Build a secondary map model in the exact same way they designed the original Summoners Rift. Only it would be, as other mention, from the opposite side. This way people get the same view on either side. The game could detect which side you are on, then choose which map to load the game on depending on purple or blue. But making these seperate map models would require that the champs still have to interact properly as far as collision goes. I feel that if they are going to implement the original idea of just rotating the camera, then raise the minimum system requirements as well as the minimum bandwidth requirements. Or simply move to a server based gametype like Onlive. That would make things SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much easier for us users. Then we could play this game on any device and never have to worry about installs, buggy hard drives messing up ur game, or hardware limitations. ANYTHING WOULD HELP!

Please Riot just consider that this is a legitimate discussion to be having about a REAL disadvantage in this game. Some people take the game seriously and feel as though this would help them to progress and enjoy it further, and by not doing anything about it or by just ignoring requests like this- you are losing the trust of us gamers. i mean, just LOOK AT THE POLL!!! Makes sense to me.
While I appreciate the support, lets not do the whole 'Chinese Owners' things in here, cool ? It's more than likely that the majority of the hardware that we use to enjoy this game came from: 'Chinese Owners'.

On the topic of the secondary map, the more I realize, it's all in the camera angle. A complete 3D model is built then the camera angle is set upon it, you can tell this by the angles used to market new skins, non of these can be achieved in game. In any case, the rendering of the game is done locally, the server just tells our machines that champ x is at this coordinate and just used this ability and we render it as such.

I'd like to think that there is a better reason than, "this is just the angle used for MOBAs" but when you look at the myriad of games where the camera is at the most beneficial angle to the primary player: WoW, The Witcher, LOCO etc. the technical merits of the 'One angle to rule them all' approach, begins to wane.