Should the purple teams' camera angle be changed ?

Yes, I agree 1,223 78.75%
No, I do not agree 57 3.67%
I play with an unlocked screen, does not affect me 273 17.58%
Voters: 1553. You may not vote on this poll

PETITION: Camera angle correction

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Locutus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2012

I'm level 30 and I've played for just over a year. I've invested at least 50 dollars in champions and skins, and have played almost 300 games total (I'm kind of a casual player but still.) I never liked RTS games because the strategy can be overwhelming. I would love to see a change in the camera angle, or perhaps a camera rotate tool. I know it can be done, because I've seen in LoL playbacks (with the match recorder tool that they have) where you can change the camera angle pretty easily. I think that this would be a great function for people who play camera-locked like I do, and would help new-players that get stuck on purple team a lot.

I can play mid or bottom as purple, but I notice that it's much easier on me if I go top. Honestly unless I'm playing against a terrible mid-lane player I usually have a tough time even with good pairings (including when I play MF vs Ryze.)

And honestly, look at the huge percentage that thinks this is a good idea. It's perfectly clear that it's something Riot should consider.

alaskaneagle

01-15-2012

I find it rather insulting that no one from riot has commented on this but they have commented on the thread about how "you shouldn't start out with camera locked" by saying " I think we do a diservice to new players by allowing them to play with a locked screen because some champs need to see farther" <---paraphrased but not far from it. about 1/3rd of the champs are better with screen unlocked and 2/3rds of them IT DOESN'T MATTER. What matters is I refuse to spend any money on this game until the inequality between purple view and blue veiw is fixed. And stop rigging one side with better players to rig the matchs so people think purple is fine. Its not fixing the prob it's screwing people over to try and cover up your mistake.

CCCM89

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2012

for the love of whatever gods are worshiped in runeterra, at least rotate the map so it's left vs. right like every other map in the game!

alaskaneagle

01-16-2012

I often wounder if riot even bothers to read these anymore... They've had to have been seeing this thread pop up since the game and forum have been around.
I also wonder if they realize that if they locked the camera under the champ on purple instead of centering on him they would probably get half if not 1/4 as many complaints....

Hey Riot, Anyone there?

Xytrin

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaneagle View Post
I find it rather insulting that no one from riot has commented on this but they have commented on the thread about how "you shouldn't start out with camera locked" by saying " I think we do a diservice to new players by allowing them to play with a locked screen because some champs need to see farther" <---paraphrased but not far from it. about 1/3rd of the champs are better with screen unlocked and 2/3rds of them IT DOESN'T MATTER. What matters is I refuse to spend any money on this game until the inequality between purple view and blue veiw is fixed. And stop rigging one side with better players to rig the matchs so people think purple is fine. Its not fixing the prob it's screwing people over to try and cover up your mistake.
When you have your camera unlocked than both blue and purple are the exact same.

[/QUOTE]"you shouldn't start out with camera locked" by saying " I think we do a diservice to new players by allowing them to play with a locked screen because some champs need to see farther"[/QUOTE]

This is completely correct. How can you argue with a fact? The screen locked is a disadvantage for every hero. There are plenty of times when your chasing someone to finish them off and they are just far enough ahead of you to where having a locked screen cuts them off but w/ an unlocked screen you can see both your hero and the hero you are chasing. Therefore you can better determine if you can flash for the kill or possibly see if an enemy comes out from the side to save his teammate. With a locked camera you cant accurately determine how far/ close they really are. I'm sure there are more examples too.

Best thing RIOT could do is remove the lock camera option. That way you learn the game w/o it.

Reynmaker

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xytrin View Post
When you have your camera unlocked than both blue and purple are the exact same.

"you shouldn't start out with camera locked" by saying " I think we do a diservice to new players by allowing them to play with a locked screen because some champs need to see farther"

This is completely correct. How can you argue with a fact? The screen locked is a disadvantage for every hero. There are plenty of times when your chasing someone to finish them off and they are just far enough ahead of you to where having a locked screen cuts them off but w/ an unlocked screen you can see both your hero and the hero you are chasing. Therefore you can better determine if you can flash for the kill or possibly see if an enemy comes out from the side to save his teammate. With a locked camera you cant accurately determine how far/ close they really are. I'm sure there are more examples too.

Best thing RIOT could do is remove the lock camera option. That way you learn the game w/o it.
Posts like these can never be taken seriously because of how blatantly wrong they are. Please think about what you are saying.
Unlocking the camera does not make it the 'same' for either team, simply because the goals for each are on opposite sides of the map and the camera angle is fixed pointing towards the purple side. It is easier for a blue player to get a forward looking view of the rift than it is for a purple player to get a forward looking view towards the blue side.

Yes unlocked is a good way to play the game and I've since practiced and learnt how. This however, does not change the fact that TWO teams heading in OPPOSITE directions should not have the same camera angle when playing.

Stark24

01-17-2012

This really needs to happen. Playing purple isn't impossible in any way, but its downright frustrating at times.

If I need to mid purple as Anivia I know the game is going to be less than my usual standard.

Jenoxis

01-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoFryG View Post
This is a neat idea, but I'd imagine that it would be hard to implement.
Mind you many serious players generally play with an unlocked screen.
idk, i'm a serious player myself and i tend to favor a locked screen, having the screen locked takes away one more nuisance i have to deal with while fighting. i've always complained about how blue gets a sight advantage and i have played long enough to find out that yes, when i'm on the purple team, i tend to be as good as when i am on the blue team because my immediate lane awareness is cut due to the HUD blocking it. honestly just give the option to move your hud around would be fine. no need to make camera angles different cuz that takes alot of time an effort, unlocking the HUD is alot easier and it doesn't break the game in the slightest.

alaskaneagle

01-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xytrin View Post
"you shouldn't start out with camera locked" by saying " I think we do a diservice to new players by allowing them to play with a locked screen because some champs need to see farther"[/QUOTE]

Best thing RIOT could do is remove the lock camera option. That way you learn the game w/o it.[/QUOTE]

yea... what reynmaker said...

the camera is Not directly over head it points to purple even if you are on purple team.

It is also cut off if you are purple team right at your feet and you can't see Anything.

It is such a disadvantage that I know 5 players in person and 3 of them quit playing because "the game sucks you can't see ****"

even with screen unlocked you have to move the screen much lower to see as much as you would on purple which limits control if you need to retreat.

Bottom Line; The game is not fair and instead of fixing it they rigged the system to make it less noticable for win/lose %.

CCCM89

01-19-2012

okat, who here normaly plays RTSs? in those RTSs, can you zoom the camera out to see the entire map? a few RTS games I have played have let me do that. of course, I still did not have sight past the fog of war, but that's not really the problem. why not just let players zoom out the camera a bit more? we can already see the edge of the fog of war on the top of the screen with a locked camera, why not zoom out to show more FoW on any side? at least then you won't be fighting the caera as much when trying to defend bottom lane on purple team.