Surrender Change

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MespeR

02-14-2014

After having been put on a team with 3 afks. Yes I repeat 3 AFKS! I feel like if there are only 2 players playing on a team and it's been past 5 minutes, we shouldn't have to wait til 20 minutes to surrender.
My Proposition....

1-2 players currently active on team: Surrender enabled past 5 minute mark
3 players currently active on team: Surrender enabled past 10 minute mark
4 players currently active on team: Surrender enabled past 15 minute mark
5 players currently active on team: Surrender enabled past 20 minute mark

It's not fair for players who obey the Summoner's Code and rules to have to be forced to play a doomed game if there is only a fraction of their team that is actually online and playing.
Incidences like these do happen to players, and it just happened to me, so Riot shouldn't force players to waste 20 minutes of their time to play a game with no teammates, hope, or chance of winning.

MespeR

02-14-2014

Can I please have support for this?

MespeR

02-15-2014

Any replies?

MespeR

02-15-2014

can i get a bit more love?

xTheft

02-16-2014

I agree... somewhat. I feel like the overall surrender limit should be at 10 minutes. I couldn't count how many times I've seen "surrender at 20" in the first 5 minutes of the game, and most of the time, we end up losing. Why spend 15 minutes waiting to lose. You can't leave either or else you get smacked by the Leaver Buster.

Mechanical Toast

02-17-2014

+1

AncientWizard03

02-18-2014

i agree, i encounter once that before.. its like 4 mins after and my team loses their lanes. then they think that we should FF but we need to wait until 20 so yeah.. that's great decision ... if that will work .. freat idea.. btw

Hyrum Graff

02-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTheft View Post
I agree... somewhat. I feel like the overall surrender limit should be at 10 minutes. I couldn't count how many times I've seen "surrender at 20" in the first 5 minutes of the game, and most of the time, we end up losing. Why spend 15 minutes waiting to lose. You can't leave either or else you get smacked by the Leaver Buster.
On the other hand, I've had many games where someone said "ff at 20" in the first 5 minutes, and we go on to win the game (we may even be losing at 20 minutes, but I usually refuse to surrender until we lose a teamfight or two).

Especially with the S4 changes, comebacks are totally possible with good teamwork.* As a result, I've modified my behavior so I almost NEVER say "ff at 20", because that's demoralizing and sets the team up for bad teamwork and a lost game that could have been a win.

*As an anecdote, there was a game where my team was down 8-28 and two inhibs at the 20 minute mark (yeah, that bad), but two members of my team refused to surrender. After acing them at our nexus turrets, we were able to get back in the game and win.

EDIT: I will agree with AP that when there are afk's, you should be able to surrender earlier. Though I've won some 4v5's and made one 3v5 go on for 45 minutes (so much fun), those are much less likely to happen.

Bobb1118

03-07-2014

This isnt regarding the Ingame hud. Go to suggestions

GOLDENBOOTY

03-08-2014

If you want more love, you`ll have to offer more

but regarding your suggestion, if your team had that many afk's which only happens once out of 10k games, just stay at the fountain and tell them to push and end it... it doesnt take long. I`ll wager you and your other team mate probably went to fight them to stop them. I've had it before where I told them in all chat Im done finish fast plz due to 3 afk's and i`ll go to the bathroom and grab some snacks and come back and GG. Its not as bad as you think it is, so I do not think 20mins is that bad. In addition, sometimes their internet connection was bad or game client closed, which has happened to me.

In my opinion, i believe the match should only begin after everyones connected and in game clicking Im ready. Otherwise the match would not begin and even end after say 2mins of inactivity.

In terms of losing lanes and feeding etc, 2- 28 or whatever those horrible scores are, its a learning lesson to figure out how to stop OP fed pple. It has happened, and will continue to. You just need to look for it. Throws happens immensely in low elo as people become careless with over confidence. So I do not think the reduced timer of 20mins required to /ff is necessary. In fact we had people who wanted to surrender at 12mins, and by the 20min mark, we were doing soo much better that we eventually won. Then the team said to themselves, and to think I wanted to surrender earlier....

It happens.