the beta

First Riot Post
12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

brummertj

09-15-2011

its a nice idea and looking forward to it,
although i remember them saying it wld come out late august? oh well better late than never

also those off peak hours they are talking about testing it in are about to become the peek hours

Brackhar

Features Designer

09-15-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I don't think we ever said "In august" just "shortly after PAX." Remember PAX was already like the last weekend of August in the first place.

Robotick

09-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
I don't think we ever said "In august" just "shortly after PAX." Remember PAX was already like the last weekend of August in the first place.
Three week later is not shortly....

Conath

09-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotick View Post
Three week later is not shortly....
unfortunately words like soon, shortly, large, small, etc. are relative and and provides companies with extremely poor time management an escape.

also in the case of Riot we were told to expect the unexpected so if you are told shortly the unexpected would be never.

Fenthis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2011

3 weeks later could have been them trying to assure it was ready unfortunately they were unable... shortly isn't a set time duration and considering the time it took for them to make this shortly is actually quiet long. all we need is zilean to stop casting rewind. -_-

NEED MOAR DOWNVOTES!!!

TalkGibberish

09-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conath View Post
unfortunately words like soon, shortly, large, small, etc. are relative and and provides companies with extremely impatient fanbases some flexibility.
Fixed because you dont understand how the world works

DexterLaboratory

09-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
I was watching the dreamhack stream and I thought the EU announcer said that dominion would be out right after pax. That's probably why everyone is thinking right after pax.

BlindandCynical

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2011

In my opinion saying nothing is better then saying shortly.

Conath

09-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkGibberish View Post
I let people walk all over me because they will definitely like me if I'm their tool
Fixed because you don't understand how the world avoids work.

Neoseanster

09-15-2011

Considering that the development time for a project like this is measured in months or even years, three weeks seems to me like it still qualifies as "shortly."

You won't hear me complaining about being misled at anything less than two months or so, not that I don't hope it comes out sooner. Folks gotta learn to be patient.

12345 ... 8