LoL University: New and struggling with the game? Play a game with me!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyndikate

10-10-2010

I'd like to know what role Tristana is well played in. I know she's a carry, but I wanna know if she can also be a ganker like Warwick(people who come out of nowhere and kill noobs). All I've been doing is killing turrets, I know that's a good thing, but I wanna know if I'm playing her correctly.

I'll add you. It's really awesome to see that there are so many good players willing to help other players out. I have your vent and everything, so I'm always open for tips. Just don't be mean.

Eggtart Chow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthetika View Post
I'd like to know what role Tristana is well played in. I know she's a carry, but I wanna know if she can also be a ganker like Warwick(people who come out of nowhere and kill noobs). All I've been doing is killing turrets, I know that's a good thing, but I wanna know if I'm playing her correctly.

I'll add you. It's really awesome to see that there are so many good players willing to help other players out. I have your vent and everything, so I'm always open for tips. Just don't be mean.
One thing I can promise you is I will never be mean or judge you by how well you play this game. I've helped many people who have had as little as 0 games played, so no reason to feel embarrassed for asking anything.

As for Tristana, she is played to be a hard carry who really shines when she has the level advantage from mid solo lane. She can gank the side lanes extremely well after 6, just jump behind them and ult towards your tower. I can show you some stuff in a practice game sometime if you'd like.

RemnantSky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-10-2010

If it's no trouble would you mind helping me out as well?

Eggtart Chow

10-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemnantSky View Post
If it's no trouble would you mind helping me out as well?
Sure thing, I accepted your request in game. Can you be more specific in the fields you need help in until I catch you online?

Voulge

10-12-2010

I wouldn't mind some mentoring. While I tend to look up guides and trying to stick with them, but doesn't seem to help that much(granted they are centered around level 30 and tier 3 runes). I think one of my biggest problems is initiating and harassing/being harassed. Some games I get yelled at by team mates for being too aggressive while others I get yelled at for not being aggressive enough.

I like to play melee type characters while every once in a while I'll play casters.

Eggtart Chow

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voulge View Post
I wouldn't mind some mentoring. While I tend to look up guides and trying to stick with them, but doesn't seem to help that much(granted they are centered around level 30 and tier 3 runes). I think one of my biggest problems is initiating and harassing/being harassed. Some games I get yelled at by team mates for being too aggressive while others I get yelled at for not being aggressive enough.

I like to play melee type characters while every once in a while I'll play casters.
The thing with melee characters is it's hard to harass in the lane without taking equal or more damage than you're dishing out. What you need to try and do is lane with someone who can babysit you, a support champ can do this very well, and try to focus on last hitting more so than harassing. Once you get control of your lane you can bush camp and get a few pot shots if they come too close with your partner nearby. I'll have to show you in game sometime.

Etteril

10-14-2010

Hey, Eggtart, I'd be happy to be added to your list as well. I don't claim to specialize in anything (when it comes to LoL, I'm probably very, very average), but I have done quite a few 1v1 matches with friends and newbies showing them basics like game phases, turret aggro, ability combos, last hitting, map awareness, and store mechanics.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Freyskol

10-14-2010

Hey Eggtart. I'm a level 30 summoner and I think It'd be fun to help you guys mentor those who need a few tricks to get their game going. ;P I can introduce basic laning mechanics, turret agro, item build suggestions, and little quirks different characters can do with their ability. I specialize in champs like Vlad, Miss Fortune, Cho'Gath, Urgot, Malzahar, and Master Yi.

I myself could however use some assistance with a few champions I seem to do utterly horrible with. I can't play squishy ranged dps carries for the life of me, like Tristana, Ashe, and Ezreal. Mind playing a game sometime? =) My summoner name is Freyskol

Eggtart Chow

10-14-2010

Added you two to the list. Frey I'll be more than happy to show you how to control teams with a glass cannon haha

Frag Pulf

10-14-2010

Hey Eggtart. I'm only level 28, however I play wicked Rammus. In my history of over 100 games with him I've managed a Penta-killa 2-3 times over that span. Of late my games have been going rather sour (Feeders out of no where these days) but I would gladly give tips to anyone wanting to learn Rammus that comes your way.

I know it's unlikely they will come to you wanting to learn him specifically, but it's out there. I suppose I can also give tips for overall tanking and what your job is in team-fights and some more slightly advanced stuff.

I also notice your staff is growing to a decent size and if you don't have room for me that's cool too. ^.^ Just wanted to put myself out there.