Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Designing Dominance: The Minions of League of Legends: Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

3XciTeR

09-18-2011

Yesterday a minion from dominion came by my house. And i made a simple question...
-Hey minion when will you go to work? I wanna kill you soooo much!!!
-Pff i don't know summoner due to economical crisis Riot doesn't pay me so i wont probably go...

Sydney Losstarot

09-18-2011

I hope to see at least an approximate release date, pls riot, we're waiting.

FraggingBard

09-18-2011

Quote:
ByronicHero:
In the first playtest we tripled the standard minions’ health and damage. As these new, powerhouse minions romped across the lanes cutting champions to ribbons, we quickly learned two things: the new minions that had a definitive impact on gameplay were fun and that we’d taken the numbers a bit too far.

In other words, it would be the most fun you can have in LoL without farming a Yi/Xin.
Any plans to release said shamans into the game? Or minion powerhouses? Especially the tank minions, that would be hilariously fun.

ProfessorTallguy

09-18-2011

Let me explain something Riot. I want a new map EVERY MONTH. Not every Year. I've been playing this game for over a year and I want to try new maps. I don't care if Twisted fate is AMAZING on this 4v4 maze like one or Nasus gets WAY too farmed on that huge 6v6 one, or if Jax and Jarvan are banned every game in the 2v2 one. And I don't care if you re-use the same environment textures from summoner's rift. If you have to hire another person to make new maps do it. If you have to create a map editor tools to make new maps come out then do it. League of Legends players really want to be able to create their own maps. You say "We hear you Summoners" But you don't understand how much we want new maps for our favorite game. We want them so much we would be happy to make them ourselves if you'd just let us.

TheMaster42

09-19-2011

"The League of Legends Design Team tells us more about role these unsung heroes..."

Wow.

dakraid

09-19-2011

omg less but powerful minions. Amazing. But when is dominion coming?

Ultimate Ninja X

09-19-2011

Yea its nice to hear the progress... But it doesnt matter if I cant play it!! On mac + Not even released

Ghabarkhaz

Recruiter

09-22-2011

oh wow

Ghabarkhaz

Recruiter

09-22-2011

oh wow

Puff Bot

09-23-2011

i tried Dominion during beta, it seemed the minions didn't set off jax's dodge, i'm probably wrong, will test for sure next time, in any case, Dominion is like a really fast ride that i want to get on over and over, what a RUSH! Best game EVER! TY RIOT!!!!!!!
Riot Rocks!
puff