Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Designing Dominance: The Minions of League of Legends: Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Surkov

09-15-2011

I don't think this reaction is necessary seeing as about 95% of the opinions in this thread are same as mine.

I have over 900 games under my belt and I've never complained about any aspect riot, but we've waited long enough. Really.

It's time to do as you've promised. Don't take this wrong, I think you people are the best free game at the moment but I think this time you should've followed through with your promises.

Regards,
Surkov

Kitkala

09-15-2011

You get an upvote from me because I'm a nerd and like reading this stuff, but I would also like to know a release date for dominion. Thank you

Harate

09-15-2011

Where's Dominion?

Surkov

09-15-2011

I don't think my opinion is necessary because 95% here shares it.

I do think this time you should've followed through. I have 900 games under my belt and I've never complained about imbalances or content updates...

But this time it really is time to do as promised and deliver Dominion. We've been waiting long enough for a new map/gameplay type. Don't get me wrong I still love this game to death and I support you guys in all you may decide but really, it's time to release Dominion.

Regards,
Surkov

Valkyia

09-15-2011

I'm sorry, you're not paying for this, Riot doesn't owe you anything. It's going to be free.

Otherwise, thanks for the article. Glad to know how minions will play out in Dominion.

Velhomestre

09-15-2011

*Gonna stop buying RPs until dominion is released*...

See if the pocket attack works =D

Pee Train

09-15-2011

Interesting read, however it isn't a playable Dominion.

BlondeRogue

09-15-2011

im not looking foward to it.It seems to me that dps or champions with not tank hp wont lat long...
so for you,who likes to play with Tanks will be fun!But not me.. mf and i will be having fun elsewhere lol

tzerg

09-15-2011

i have enjoyed all the info you guys are giving about the development of dominion, but really could guys just realase it or at least a beta that can be played in practice matches....

Ogaflow

09-15-2011

Riot is most likely waiting for DotA2 to go open beta, they are holding a loaded gun so to speak, doing a stare down duel waiting for Valve to make the first move. Once Valve releases DotA2 to the public Riot will then release Dominion in a classic attempt to counter the launch by forcing players to decide what to play.You might say well what about the players who will just play both? Well sadly marketing will tell you that some will play both BUT a lot more of them will pick one and play it a bunch and ignore the other for awhile. DotA2 will need the immediate playerbase so if Riot steals up the playerbase will the dominion launch then DotA2 will suffer a playerbase shortage which in the past has killed games. It is textbook marketing strategy, considering Riot's pricing system and the way they hype everything Riot has a pretty darn good marketing team.