XP/IP gain?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kilrog1

05-29-2010

I've been wondering: What exactly gives you more XP/IP?

I know that there is this first win of the day, but except that, what makes you have those 5-10 more XP/IP points from one game to another?

I know that you get more XP/IP from winning a game, but still every time you win you don't get the same XP/IP.

Thanks in advance

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2010

There is a bonus for a fast victory that launches at the beginning and slowly decreases till 30 min. (applies only if you win) There is a similar bonus for good defence that starts at 25 min and grows till 45. (applies only if you loose). There is a bonus that gives you % bonus xp if you haven't left in the last 8 games. It grows by 3% for every game you haven't left, reaches a cap of 24% and is lost if you leave.

Kilrog1

05-29-2010

Okay, thank you

UnhappyYak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-29-2010

Are XP and IP directly related? Do the fast offense/long defence bonus and no-leave bonus apply to both XP and IP the same?

Kilrog1

05-30-2010

I'm not sure Yak, but I think it does. Still you never get the same amount XP/IP...

0rangeSoda

Recruiter

05-30-2010

Yes, your XP is directly proportional to the IP you gain (the numbers aren't exactly the same, but i know for a fact that XP gain is based off IP gain)

and IP works like this (you can check by mousing over the xp/IP bars in the stats window after the game):
1. If you won a game you get a base of about 70 IP, if you lost, around 50 IP
2. How fast did you win? How long did you defend? If you win a "Quick Decisive Victory" around the 25 min mark you can get up to 16 bonus IP, if you lost but dragged out the game by pushing back and forth you can get up to 11 bonus IP
3. Do you have a streak of games without leaving? If so, there's a 23 IP bonus (or less if you left recently)
4. Was it your first win of the day? if so, you get 158 bonus IP

then XP gain is calculated based on your IP gain

homosexualpanda

05-30-2010

im fairly certain that there is also a % IP/XP gain for the difficulty of the game-win against better players, or a premade team, and you get a higher amount.

SomniumProxy

05-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by homosexualpanda View Post
im fairly certain that there is also a % IP/XP gain for the difficulty of the game-win against better players, or a premade team, and you get a higher amount.
incorrect

TheAngrySquirtle

03-24-2012

wtf??

Dera Mochimazzi

03-24-2012

Games longer than the maximum cap or shorter than the minimum cap grant the same IP as a game with length corresponding to the length of the cap.
The minimum cap does not apply do Co-op vs. AI games, the maximum cap is not tested.
On Summoner's Rift these caps are at 25 minutes (76 IP for a win) and 55 minutes (145 IP for a win).[1]
On Twisted Treeline the minimum cap is at 20 minutes (64 IP for a win) the maximum cap is not known.
The caps for the Crystal Scar are not known, the minimum cap is likely at 20 minutes as surrender is available at 15 minutes similar to the Twisted Treeline.

Source: http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Ip