Nearing 6300 IP, need advice on what champ to get next

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rashidas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2011

So yeah, first all, the champions I have my eyes on currently are Riven, possibly Leona, Akali, Orianna and Vayne.

The champion I currently main is Lux (and possibly Kayle if I decide I like her after playing her a bit more).

I like champions that are capable of helping in team rights greatly, lane well, and do a good amount of damage.

Also, how is post-nerf Orianna specifically in comparison to Lux?

Planbee

09-15-2011

I played Orianna for the first time yesterday so I never played her pre-nerf. I guess this kinda helped me too because I have never played a champion so unique and fun. The support is very helpful throughout the game and has saved my teammates multiple times. I also love the fact that the damage effects are based on the ball location. This champ is fun. I also have Lux and I prefer Ori over her.

OptimusPolak

09-15-2011

jus buy em all.

Ayestes

09-15-2011

Orianna would be a fill the team fights, laning, and damage requirements. She does a lot of damage, can lane safely against anyone (perhaps not while harassing everyone anymore though), and her team fight potential is ridiculously powerful. Orianna can play every match safer then Lux because she has her slow, shield, and haste effects. I'm not sure exactly where they would be in comparison to damage, but I'd guess Lux does a little more damage to a single target then Orianna does when used properly.

Akali has tends to have lopsided lane matchups where she either dominates or is dominated. She also isn't the best candidate for a Team Fight, but she is an Assassin so she has her own role in one.

Vayne cannot lane by herself against most matchups without playing very defensively. Very high damage late game when farmed and pretty good at team fights because striking down tanks is more viable then it is with other AD carries and she has incredible maneuvering.

Leona doesn't fit into the current metagame too well, but can do some things as an offensive Support down on bottom. Her team fight presence is mainly just disruptive with stuns, and she doesn't much damage.

Rashidas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayestes View Post
Orianna would be a fill the team fights, laning, and damage requirements. She does a lot of damage, can lane safely against anyone (perhaps not while harassing everyone anymore though), and her team fight potential is ridiculously powerful. Orianna can play every match safer then Lux because she has her slow, shield, and haste effects. I'm not sure exactly where they would be in comparison to damage, but I'd guess Lux does a little more damage to a single target then Orianna does when used properly.

Akali has tends to have lopsided lane matchups where she either dominates or is dominated. She also isn't the best candidate for a Team Fight, but she is an Assassin so she has her own role in one.

Vayne cannot lane by herself against most matchups without playing very defensively. Very high damage late game when farmed and pretty good at team fights because striking down tanks is more viable then it is with other AD carries and she has incredible maneuvering.

Leona doesn't fit into the current metagame too well, but can do some things as an offensive Support down on bottom. Her team fight presence is mainly just disruptive with stuns, and she doesn't much damage.
I see....hmm...looking like I might go with Orianna or Vayne right now, any thoughts on Riven?