FPS Comparison Windows 7 vs Windows 8 xD

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TripFX

Recruiter

09-15-2011

So I got Windows 8 x64 Dev Preview on my laptop as Main OS not virtual and figured I would try out League of Legends on it being my wife was on my Beast Desktop. It runs great as far as I can tell. Here's a spec list of laptop

CPU: 1.90 GHz AMD Athlon X2 QL-60 Dual-Core Processor
L2 Cache: 1mb
Ram: 3GB DDR-2 800
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8200M
Video Mem: Up to 895 MB

leaving everything default for gfx settings FPS is actually better then what is was on windows 7 default gfx settings. Comparison below

Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1:
Min FPS: 15
Max FPS: 23
Avg FPS: 19

Windows 8 Developers Preview x64
Min FPS: 25
Max FPS: 35
Avg FPS 30/31

If anyone else has tried or about try WIndows 8 Dev Preview I would like to see more comparisons and Im sure other will as well Post it here.

dos256

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2011

might actually fetch from msdn now to see myself cause your numbers seem quite off to me.

Kubooooooooooooo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2011

Interesting, will download later today and see if I get any higher than 110 fps

tist

09-15-2011

nice

Sullenair

09-15-2011

hmm something seems off

tist

09-15-2011

I might try to get the beta and do some tests on an extra partition. ill post my findings for my laptop as well.

Regimentz

09-15-2011

Key Features

Windows 8 only takes about 210 MB of RAM to run at its base level, apparently.
The tablet interface is a tile interface. Think Windows Phone 7.
Logging in with Windows Live will get you all of your settings on another Windows 8 device.
You can use it with touch or with keyboard and mouse. No compromises with tablet vs. pcs.
Metro-style apps. You can use whatever language you want, basically, to write your apps.
You can use the WinRT APIs to build your apps in C, C++, C#, VB, JavaScript, etc.
Image search is rather elegant on Windows 8
The personalized app store dedicated to Windows 8.
Windows 8 security: built-in to Defender. Detects malicious software.
Graphics have been improved in Windows 8.
Windows 8 tablets have 3G.
The new and improved Windows 8 task manager.
You can refresh your PC and basically reset its performance.
Accessibility: it has easy zoom and ease of access settings.
The new Internet Explorer 10 designed for Windows 8.
New options for multiple monitors: you can put different apps on different taskbars on different monitors.
You can connect devices together through Windows Live. You can actually browse photos from your other PCs.
Windows phone 7 integration with Windows 8.
A beautiful looking BSOD.

Looks good

silpeamak

09-15-2011

How does Window's 8 handle file management? The issue with the older versions is that over time, temp files tend to accumulate along with rogue registry entries (unless you clean them but you can never clean them all) which can slow down applications running.

That Window's 8 is a fresh install whereas I'm assuming that your Windows 7 has been installed and running for awhile now. I'm curious as to whether that fps will drop later on.

Pokemaster

Recruiter

09-15-2011

bump

TripFX

Recruiter

09-15-2011

@ The PPL who say something seems off. NO nothing is off besides using protogon File System on secondary partition where LOL is installed. Ment to mention that but just so excited. Metro UI was disabled during test. Sorry I like my task bar and start menu. I'm actually wondering if its the new file system for the increase or not. Will try it out later today and report back.

@silpeamak
Actually for comparison is always better to test Fresh Install vs Fresh Install. Which was easy being school just started not long 3 weeks ago and I always do a fresh install on laptop first day of class each semister xD.