Riven can jungle, but can she gank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xtractor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2011

So i tested in custom shes half-decent at clearing camps due to lots of aoe spam, but how are her ganks?

Ive only played custom test games cause i didnt have time to do normals yet.
Should i start jungling off the bat or try her in lane first?

Conewicci

09-15-2011

According to Stonewall she is.

Xtractor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2011

did you even read my post?

Ortus2

09-15-2011

uhm 2 aoe disables +2 gap closers?

yes she can

Killer Shrews

09-15-2011

she can gank. it becomes all the more easier with the jungling. the only problem is that her disables are very short, but she makes up for it in her dps. so they may still get away but u can still put the hurt on them.

lichmyballss

09-15-2011

Her ganks are pretty weak honestly. They are only effective if the lane you are ganking has some good cc.
She doesnt close the gap quickly and relies on the enemy over extending. If they ward you will never get a gank off.

ForeverLaxx

09-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lichmyballss View Post
Her ganks are pretty weak honestly. They are only effective if the lane you are ganking has some good cc.
She doesnt close the gap quickly and relies on the enemy over extending. If they ward you will never get a gank off.
Most ganks won't land a kill unless the target is overextending, but you can still get them to blow summoner spells, which is a successful attempt.

However, I do agree that her ganks are weak because of the very short dash range on her abilities. If you have to blow your entire movement chain just to get into range, then you don't have Q to weave into your attacks which makes you damage contribution to a gank low. Either that, or you can only gank a lane with Ghost up, which isn't optimal.

Cenerae

09-15-2011

Her ganks are nothing special, but they're not bad. You have a small knockback and a small stun, plus several small dashes to get in range. That makes her a lot better off than some junglers. Obviously it's not lvl 6 Warwick/Nocturne gank, but hey.