@Riot-Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

unvicio

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2011

pending dominion ^^`!..

sicdeath

09-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini Laser View Post
hohums and Joz have both given full explanations on the full extent of the problem. Look carefully and look on why they can't give an ETA.
That's great that they finally explained why after everyone kept asking about it. The fact is that they have been working on Dominion for a year now. They should have taken into consideration the large amount of players that will be playing Dominion and how it will affect their servers/platform etc.

Will it overload? Will it handle it? These things should have been thought out throughout the whole project.

Gryffyth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicdeath View Post
That's great that they finally explained why after everyone kept asking about it. The fact is that they have been working on Dominion for a year now. They should have taken into consideration the large amount of players that will be playing Dominion and how it will affect their servers/platform etc.

Will it overload? Will it handle it? These things should have been thought out throughout the whole project.
I'm sure they've been thinking about it since day 1 of development. Planning for it, and actually having everything ready are 2 very different things. Adding servers is complicated, and Riot is undergoing some major growing pains.

Personally, I'm glad Riot is erring on the side of caution for this release. It would be tragic to have Dominion's launch go down in history as a utter failure due to server overload.

BassIsNotAFish

09-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
The main issue with Dominion at the moment is making sure it will scale to the number of people we expect to be playing it. We don't want to launch and have every single person kicked out because there are too many people playing the game.

Also we have not announced a release date for it yet so it hasn't been delayed.
This is the type of comment from staff that I like to see, It isn't any of that cryptic "soon" talk that has been about, rather it is an inside view into the development process. More posts of this nature would actually be interesting, and would possibly get people to stop whining about how long it is taking for Dominion to come out. I can't speak for everyone, but inside information, or details on this kind of thing can be quite interesting.

Shini Laser

09-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassIsNotAFish View Post
This is the type of comment from staff that I like to see, It isn't any of that cryptic "soon" talk that has been about, rather it is an inside view into the development process. More posts of this nature would actually be interesting, and would possibly get people to stop whining about how long it is taking for Dominion to come out. I can't speak for everyone, but inside information, or details on this kind of thing can be quite interesting.
While some of the people would be more rational with the information, all people do is try to claim that he is lying. So, no matter what the reds say, a good number of people will do nothing just *****, because they think they actually have a true inside view and that all Riot is doing is trying to buy more time.

Alders

09-19-2011

I dont think they should have advertised it so early and so much.

LeninReturns

09-19-2011

Riot can't even keep their serves up for a patch, what makes you think they are ready to launch something like Dominion? Morons.

Shini Laser

09-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alders View Post
I dont think they should have advertised it so early and so much.
To be honest, Riot has not done that much compared to what other companies have. I mean, hell, Blizzard has been cockteasing Diablo 3 for over 3 years now and no one ridicules Blizzard now that it is suggesting Q1 2012, and even if they miss Q1, I doubt they'll be massive uproars.

Yet, Riot displays free content soon to come and yet people go up in rage over the fact that Riot realized the servers aren't quite capable to handle the massive influx of people that will come and other things involving intraserver communication. I really just think people brought this upon themselves.

sicdeath

09-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini Laser View Post
To be honest, Riot has not done that much compared to what other companies have. I mean, hell, Blizzard has been cockteasing Diablo 3 for over 3 years now and no one ridicules Blizzard now that it is suggesting Q1 2012, and even if they miss Q1, I doubt they'll be massive uproars.

Yet, Riot displays free content soon to come and yet people go up in rage over the fact that Riot realized the servers aren't quite capable to handle the massive influx of people that will come and other things involving intraserver communication. I really just think people brought this upon themselves.
They talked about Magma chamber for a long time and than it was shelved. Than out of nowhere they had tweets one day and we find out about Dominion. They have been hyping it up since than. At GamesCom/PAX it was played by people and shown as well. Now they have been writing about how they made Dominion and the items and other things. Dominion is also talked about in the latest PC-Gamer magazine.

RIOT has promised a lot and has yet to deliver (Replays, Observer mode, Stealth remake etc.)

People rage because RIOT's marketing doesn't know what they are doing. If its not ready, the reds shouldn't be saying anything on the forums. They have a bad habit of doing that. RIOT needs to sit down with their whole staff and tell them to zip it about Dominion until its finally ready. People didn't bring this upon themselves. Its mostly RIOT to blame for it.

Getting people hyped up than blowing their expectations by saying soon. After they showed Dominion at GamesCom/PAX they should have had a meeting and said lets have a test for everyone to see. At the same time we will be able to see how our servers handles it as well. Of course they didn't do it this way making people more rage.

On the side note~ I saw this on EU LOL:

Quote:
1 Day Ago
Summoners,

On September 20, 2011, we will be performing scheduled database maintenance starting at 02:00 UK time. The maintenance should last approximately 6 hours long. During this downtime, we will continue to upgrade our databases in preparation for League of Legends: Dominion.

Thank you for your understanding and patience. Enjoy a night’s rest from the Fields of Justice and see you online following the maintenance

JinieRiseAgainst

09-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
The main issue with Dominion at the moment is making sure it will scale to the number of people we expect to be playing it. We don't want to launch and have every single person kicked out because there are too many people playing the game.

Also we have not announced a release date for it yet so it hasn't been delayed.
lol all you guys who were raging couse dominion wasnt out yet get pwned. no release date that made me laugh xD. everyone saying it was delayed xD