@Riot-Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shini Laser

09-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicdeath View Post
What common question have they answered? Everything is bleak and vague. I don't mind the delay for Dominion. They just have a bad habit of saying things the wrong way or not saying it at all.
They answered why they couldn't release Dominion and if they can give an ETA. Soon isn't a concrete ETA, as is near future, but will you still be *****ing once streams go up of the limited beta?

SVX348

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
The main issue with Dominion at the moment is making sure it will scale to the number of people we expect to be playing it. We don't want to launch and have every single person kicked out because there are too many people playing the game.

Also we have not announced a release date for it yet so it hasn't been delayed.
was laughing at this for a a while. servers will die doesn't really matter will you do all preparations you have in mind right now or not. every single big patch caused server lags, so what's the point?

BurgÍrKing

09-16-2011

They provide no ETA because its the smartest thing to do...best to make sure u can do it...before u do it

I do wonder but...how are they going to prevent the server from crashing when i assume ( and they would) that Dominion will lead to the largest amount of logins seen yet?

Shini Laser

09-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurgÍrKing View Post
They provide no ETA because its the smartest thing to do...best to make sure u can do it...before u do it

I do wonder but...how are they going to prevent the server from crashing when i assume ( and they would) that Dominion will lead to the largest amount of logins seen yet?
Trying to make the communication between servers the most efficient possible.

Zinsky

09-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
Don't believe any release date that has not been officially posted on the Riot website in announcements. We are getting a lot of fake reports or potentially a few Rioters talking about dates that are just speculative, we are doing what we can to discourage that.

There will be a beta test in the near future at off peak times. While we will announce this, we don't want to give to much notice to avoid overloading the servers with the first tests in addition to being sure our servers are ready for the test.
Off peak hours?

Like when productive members of our society are at work?

Again my job punishes me. Why did I move out of my parent's basement?

Shini Laser

09-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinsky View Post
Off peak hours?

Like when productive members of our society are at work?

Again my job punishes me. Why did I move out of my parent's basement?
More likely when productive members of our society are asleep. But, same difference.

Jadarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVX348 View Post
was laughing at this for a a while. servers will die doesn't really matter will you do all preparations you have in mind right now or not. every single big patch caused server lags, so what's the point?
I think this is the difference between server lag or being #9000 in queue to...servers are down, comeback later. I think they are realizing they've created more hype than their hardware can handle.

You know if they want to be really evil, They should just unlock dominion for only people who have purchased more than 30 bucks of RP ;D there is your slow release date, plus it would make people spend more money! it's a win win!.

Tamat

Live Services

Follow RiotTamat on Twitter

09-16-2011
6 of 6 Riot Posts

Hey guys,

Just to round up a few of the main talking points here, Dominion is feature complete; when we talk about Beta we don't mean in terms of gameplay feedback, though we always love receiving it. We rolled it out at Gamescom for several days straight and it ran perfectly, the problem is that we need to test the Live Server with a Trillion* people joining at once (*Estimated).

Dominion is almost ready on Live, we've been pushing the assets for some time now. However we've learned a lot about maximizing stability to make sure we can minimize any problems, we can save time in the long run by taking a little time now. Which is better for everyone.

I hope that explains a little here about just how far along we are, it's great to see everyone so excited, and we can't wait for you to hit the Crystal Scar.

Gryffyth

09-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamat View Post
Hey guys,

Just to round up a few of the main talking points here, Dominion is feature complete; when we talk about Beta we don't mean in terms of gameplay feedback, though we always love receiving it. We rolled it out at Gamescom for several days straight and it ran perfectly, the problem is that we need to test the Live Server with a Trillion* people joining at once (*Estimated).

Dominion is almost ready on Live, we've been pushing the assets for some time now. However we've learned a lot about maximizing stability to make sure we can minimize any problems, we can save time in the long run by taking a little time now. Which is better for everyone.

I hope that explains a little here about just how far along we are, it's great to see everyone so excited, and we can't wait for you to hit the Crystal Scar.

Tamat,

Thank you to yourself, all of the Riot development team for your continued hard work. Releasing a project like this takes massive amounts of time and resources, and I know how much pressure the community has placed on your shoulders.

We really do appreciate all the work that goes into League, and I for one am extremely happy with how Riot is moving forward here.

Thank you again!

Wonton55

09-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamat View Post
the problem is that we need to test the Live Server with a Trillion* people joining at once (*Estimated).
Wow, what're the error bars on that?