@Riot-Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StretchyStretch

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
The main issue with Dominion at the moment is making sure it will scale to the number of people we expect to be playing it. We don't want to launch and have every single person kicked out because there are too many people playing the game.

Also we have not announced a release date for it yet so it hasn't been delayed.
I really appreciate this answer but seriously Riot, you know it has been delayed. Sure you didn't give a real release date but you pretty much made everyone think it would be out by now, so yea, it's been delayed at least a bit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unknown Mystery

Senior Member

09-15-2011

Stop yelling at them.At least they had the guts to stand up to us and tell us something even though they know how people would rage. Would you want to try to hurry up someone when the problem isn't something they entirely control?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MO0SE

Senior Member

09-15-2011

Ok, well seeing as majority of people are playing summoners rift, gauge it as you would a constant flow of your peak hours for login and summoners rift. Not sure how the servers will hold? Really? Like they're running flawlessly already. The whole dominion announcement was as well thought through as nerfing TF and Panths global ult to not be global anymore.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

johnlennonpwns

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
The main issue with Dominion at the moment is making sure it will scale to the number of people we expect to be playing it. We don't want to launch and have every single person kicked out because there are too many people playing the game.

Also we have not announced a release date for it yet so it hasn't been delayed.
^^
no release date therefore not late


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Madman Reborn

Senior Member

09-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by click d or f View Post
well if its a support and he dont know anything then he should just stfu and phreak morello and the others wont say anything. Once i was with this guy Riotcarbon in a custom and he didnt say anything about the release date except that it might come any where by mid october. He said this the day before school. I wonder why when i searched his name up he didnt appear tho.
What he meant was the patch after the riven patch which is most likely Riots strive date for releasing Dominion. Why the hell do you think it's 3 weeks now for the next patch. Im also pretty sure every element of dominion is now allready in the game since the riven patch.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hohums

Software Engineer

09-16-2011
5 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotick View Post
What about the guy who said it was coming with the Riven Patch?
Don't believe any release date that has not been officially posted on the Riot website in announcements. We are getting a lot of fake reports or potentially a few Rioters talking about dates that are just speculative, we are doing what we can to discourage that.

There will be a beta test in the near future at off peak times. While we will announce this, we don't want to give to much notice to avoid overloading the servers with the first tests in addition to being sure our servers are ready for the test.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sicdeath

Senior Member

09-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
Don't believe any release date that has not been officially posted on the Riot website in announcements. We are getting a lot of fake reports or potentially a few Rioters talking about dates that are just speculative, we are doing what we can to discourage that.

There will be a beta test in the near future at off peak times. While we will announce this, we don't want to give to much notice to avoid overloading the servers with the first tests in addition to being sure our servers are ready for the test.
"Near future" aka soon aka never.

Servers are going to overload with minimal activity anyhow becasuse the coding on the platform sucks. Making the game on adobe air was the worst mistake ever made.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shini Laser

Senior Member

09-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicdeath View Post
"Near future" aka soon aka never.

Servers are going to overload with minimal activity anyhow becasuse the coding on the platform sucks. Making the game on adobe air was the worst mistake ever made.
Just say this already.

"No matter what a red says, until Dominion is officially released, I am going to rage and ***** even though the red has been kind enough to answer a common question."


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sicdeath

Senior Member

09-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini Laser View Post
Just say this already.

"No matter what a red says, until Dominion is officially released, I am going to rage and ***** even though the red has been kind enough to answer a common question."
What common question have they answered? Everything is bleak and vague. I don't mind the delay for Dominion. They just have a bad habit of saying things the wrong way or not saying it at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zaruna

Senior Member

09-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sicdeath View Post
"Near future" aka soon aka never.

Servers are going to overload with minimal activity anyhow becasuse the coding on the platform sucks. Making the game on adobe air was the worst mistake ever made.
I agree that Adope has had alot of issues but I think those are client sided which shouldn't give extra stress to the servers. anyway from hohums earlier posts you can see that thats not really the issue.

From what I could understand it's basicly configuring the servers to allow a amount of clients on which server before moving to the next and so on? So then I guess if 1 would overload at one point for w/e reasons the other servers could take stress from that one by taking more clients? bleh sounds confusing but makes sense.