Champion Sale: 50% Off Garen, Galio, and Lux

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SanAntonibro

09-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsin View Post
Two heros I don't have (Lux and Galio) NICE!
I don't have those two either, but the sale still seems somewhat lackluster to me. Now if it had been Akali an Irelia that would have been awesome.

sicdeath

09-15-2011

People in marketing fail. Should put more 6300 because people will PAY rp for those unlike the 1350 and 3150.

PuppetRegime

09-15-2011

Just a thought for those who don't get the Garen sale...

I'm under level 20, and I'd actually prefer to pay RP for new heroes (unless they cost 450), because I'm saving my IP for Tier 3 runes. I'm hoping to learn a bunch of different champs by the time I hit 30, and I'm going to need a ton of runes to make that happen.

Garen was free last week, and for those people who played him but haven't yet purchased, the sale might be attractive. Keep in mind that Riot also has to think about new players, who don't have that many champs. There are two 6300 champs on sale right now, BTW.

ZipFire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-15-2011

Garen isn't worth the RP price even on sale, 1350 ip is pretty cheap for a champ and only equal to a mid-price T3 Quint.

Coreporeal

09-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjak View Post
Lux had her IP reduced by 3150
I'm sorry, but that is incorrect. She has always been 3150 IP, ever since her release.
So far, none of the champions introduced since Season 1 have received an IP reduction.

HyP Demon

09-15-2011

DEMACIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

u guys wanna make a demacian champ pack and then a noxus one for the ******s?

KHJRizen

09-15-2011

For those complaining about their marketing, think about it another way - you say that why would ANYONE want to buy these characters? Well two factors come into play.
1. Noobs.
2. And rich kids.

Thus profit.

And if that doesn't convince you, you have to make "bad" decisions (or standard marketing ploys to make money off noobs/rich kids) for you to hit those "good" decisions to sell 6300 characters, raking in big money for the company at one time.

C4 BOMB

09-15-2011

Did anyone see Garen? Where did he go?........DEMACIAAAAAA!!!!!! (darn it Garen in the bush) "You have been slain"!

LayAMaWunLay

09-15-2011

why is garen on sale after being IP reduced? I dont see why there aren't any IP sales. It takes more time to get IP then working an hour or so for money to get RP to buy the champions.

Moodshine

09-15-2011

Do I have a bug or does anyone else see that these champions did not go down in RP price yet this week? I see no discount on my account....