Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Riven's Ultimate Power: Hypocrisy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Marcian Tobay

09-14-2011

Riven, The Exile. When she became disillusioned with the once empowering philosophies of Noxus, she took the sword she once valued. In an act of cathartic defiance, she shattered it. Even in its broken state, it still remains fueled by her convictions and strength. The sword is Riven, and Riven is the sword. It's rough and imperfect edges represent the dangerous state that Riven's banner-less flag. Beyond the mere and condescending phrases such as "a woman scorned", she is a warrior that has been betrayed on the most fundamental level by everything she believes in. She is priest, and with every slaying and violence wrought by her broken blade, her lamentations of meaninglessness and fury are witnessed to all around her.

She is Riven, and you will know her by her broken blade.

... Unless, you know, she says "Screw that" and tapes it back together in order to do her Ult.

Marcian Tobay

09-14-2011

*doesn't quit day job*

KhaZixCarriesYou

Recruiter

09-14-2011

"I broke my sword to show I'm independent and strong. But I fix it because I'm apparently not as strong without it"

Yes, hypocitical, but whatevs.

TankHunter678

09-14-2011

Riven does not agree with the Signed version of war, which the Noxians accepted into their warmachine. Yet she still believes in the true ideals of Noxus. Which is what her broken blade being remade represents, Noxus returning to its true ideals and style of war.

Marcian Tobay

09-14-2011

Quote:
TankHunter678:
Riven does not agree with the Signed version of war, which the Noxians accepted into their warmachine. Yet she still believes in the true ideals of Noxus. Which is what her broken blade being remade represents, Noxus returning to its true ideals and style of war.

That's... pretty awesome when you put it that way. As a Noxian, I'm considering buying her now.

Xypherous

Systems Designer

09-14-2011

"Noxus is broken, but through my will and the fight - Noxus can be remade."

That's the theme we were going for - Perhaps too subtle - She has different VO lines when her ultimate is on.

Khondar

09-14-2011

Quote:
Xypherous:

That's the theme we were going for - Perhaps too subtle - She has different VO lines when her ultimate is on.

Awesome, she is so much fun to play. Good work Xyph.

TopHatMan

09-14-2011

Quote:
Xypherous:

And I thought it was obvious.

manwhat

09-14-2011

Riven's lore is basically:
Singed OP, too unfair, QQ.

Marcian Tobay

09-14-2011

Quote:
Xypherous:

I like that.

Quote:
That's the theme we were going for - Perhaps too subtle

I readily state that this was more my foolishness than your poor storytelling. I had a fool moment.

Also, I just enjoy teasing in good fun. I love the story of this game.

Quote:
- She has different VO lines when her ultimate is on.

O.O Dat lore. Extremely cool. Will this be the next Champion I buy? Looks likely, and my next paycheck is tomorrow!