Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Zilean + Cooldown Reduction

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Danulas

05-28-2010

Hello, everyone, I'm here to talk to you all about what happens when a level 16 Zilean (at least) has the max amount of cooldown reduction, which is 40%.

According to the League of Legends game database, Rewind at level 5 is on a 6 second cooldown, meaning with 40% cooldown reduction, it is on a 3.6 second cooldown.

Chrono Shift is on a 140 second cooldown, but with 40% cooldown reduction, it has a cooldown of 84 seconds.

Since Rewind reduces all of Zilean's cooldowns by 10 seconds, we can effectively say:

1 Rewind = 13.6 seconds of cooldown time from Chrono Shift.

84/13.6 = 6.17 Meaning that six Rewinds can be used in the time that it takes for Chrono Shift to cool down.

13.6 seconds per Rewind * 6 Rewinds = 81.4 seconds of cooldown related to Rewind.

84 - 81.4 = 2.4 as a remainder of cooldown time not related to Rewind.

6 Rewinds * 3.6 seconds = 21.6

21.6 + 2.4 = 24 seconds.

That's right. A level 16 Zilean has the capability of using Chrono Shift every 24 seconds.

FanaticSoul

05-28-2010

At level 16 what the hell else can Zilean do?

EmissaryShadow

Recruiter

05-28-2010

Thats a lot of mana to use someone run away from a team fight with your ult on them, or to die in the middle of 5 champions who just kill them again.

Danulas

05-28-2010

It's more annoying than anything else. I discovered this when we were in the other team's base. I "killed" the enemy Zilean maybe three times while we were in there.

Swipe Knife

Recruiter

05-28-2010

Quote:
Danulas:

13.6 seconds per Rewind * 6 Rewinds = 81.4 seconds of cooldown related to Rewind.

6 Rewinds * 3.6 seconds = 21.6

21.6 + 2.4 = 24 seconds.

That's right. A level 16 Zilean has the capability of using Chrono Shift every 24 seconds.

For some reason, that doesn't seem quite balanced to me.

6 Rewinds * 50 mana = 300 mana.
200 Mana for Shift + 300 Rewind = 500 mana for that 24s Chrono CD. Balanced.

Praetoria

05-28-2010

Keep in mind that all those rewinds cost a fair bit of mana, not to mention the mana cost of chronoshift. Add into that any bomb usage for each rewind and you are looking at a mana-tapped Zilean within about a minute. If your team is contributing heavily with clarities or a soraka mana-feeding them then yeah, pretty overpowered...but then it becomes a team effort not just a Zilean effort. If you saved mana and didn't use bombs, just so you could chronoshift every 24 seconds then...well, you are gimping your team on so much damage that its rediculous.

Danulas

05-28-2010

Quote:
Swipe Knife:
6 Rewinds * 50 mana = 300 mana.
200 Mana for Shift + 300 Rewind = 500 mana for that 24s Chrono CD. Balanced.

At level 18, Zilean has a base mana pool of 1340. Add in the likely Frozen Heart and he's got 1840 mana. Add in the likely Deathfire Grasp and he's got some mana regen as well.

Zilean never ceases to amaze me.

I've revoked my imbalanced statement. Facts like this are just kinda silly.

05-28-2010

Tbh, by the time you're doing that, team fights will last 10 seconds and probably be 81 seconds apart anyway.

Bobby

05-28-2010

35 sec kayle ult?

Jack Noir

05-28-2010

Quote:
Osmodius:
Tbh, by the time you're doing that, team fights will last 10 seconds and probably be 81 seconds apart anyway.

it makes for lulzy tower diving when you can do it every 24 seconds.

Quote:
If you saved mana and didn't use bombs, just so you could chronoshift every 24 seconds then...well, you are gimping your team on so much damage that its rediculous.

you wont be using rewind every cooldown until AFTER the teamfight. and at level 16 you would generally have 500 mana to spare as a caster, so you should still be able to harass effectively.