A query

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arkadius942

05-28-2010

This may not be the right place for this, but here goes.

Concerning Nidalee... well... err... what do you do with her? I mean. I can hold mid well enough, harass well enough and go 1v1 alright. But ah... when it comes to teamfights I find I just stand around outside of the horrible rape zone and toss heals on people.

Is that what I'm supposed to be doing? I've noticed every time I try to help my team DPS, I die painfully fast even with Armor and MRes items. I feel really aloof and pointless when I play her. I mean, the other heroes I play have a pretty clear objective. Udyr is stuns and not dying, Nasus is slows and keeping people from running, Nidalee? I don't know if I'm doing it right or not =/

Kajitii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2010

That's precisely one of Nidalee's weak points; team fights in the open are not her thing. The best you can do is spam human spells (and don't go oom). Nidalee excels at cleaning up the stragglers though.

JohnCataldo

05-28-2010

Spear Chucking can be surprisingly useful in a team fight, if it's not cluttered with minions (and sometimes even if it is, if you are smart about it). Obviously healing is always great, and if you are more of an AP Nidalee this can easily turn the tide of battle.

But you are mostly a fragile damage source and should treat yourself like one. Similar to Yi. You can't expect to run into five enemies who KNOW you are a huge damage source without any self-protection and expect to live. At the least, wait until the tank can soak up some crowd control (you really don't want to be stunned), and possibly patiently wait a little longer chucking spears and healing until at least 1-2 enemies are pretty low and you can finish them off. Jumping in at the right time to produce 1-2 kills can just turn the tide of battle your way and make it a 5v3 chase. (No one died on your side because you were healing them, right? =)

Optimus Prim3

05-28-2010

Stand at the back and toss spears, trap the surrounding area, then if one of their guys goes missing you might have advanced warning if they are coming round the sides etc. Be prepared to change into cougar form and chase down anyone who drops below half health. I usually choose cleanse and ghost for these situations because I can usually jump in, cleanse any stun on me and still attack and get back out. (Granted I'm not playing at high ELO.)
You should also use your E not just to heal, but to target those on your side with a really high dps so that you increase their attack speed and they do so much more damage. Play to the strengths of the team. I do play Nidalee as AD so her heal is so minimal when someone is injured I only use it in rare cases, I prefer to target someone who can use the attack speed boost.
But team fights is her weakness, hopefully her pushing and ganking skills early and mid game mean your team already has an advantage before the team fights begin.

Optimus Prim3

05-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCataldo View Post

At the least, wait until the tank can soak up some crowd control (you really don't want to be stunned), and possibly patiently wait a little longer chucking spears and healing until at least 1-2 enemies are pretty low and you can finish them off. Jumping in at the right time to produce 1-2 kills can just turn the tide of battle your way and make it a 5v3 chase. (No one died on your side because you were healing them, right? =)
I agree totally with this though cleanse and merc treads help.

Squee Goblin Nabob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-28-2010

Do what squishies do, hang back and find their squishies and make them do a "oh **** nidalee is on my balls".

Kritara

05-28-2010

Nidalee is an assasin/support character. Just harass, chuck spears, heal, trap as a human and when they start retreating or somebody peels away from the main pack. Chase them down and play with their entrails as a kitty.