Waiting patiently for Dominion...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apx

09-14-2011

As soon as I heard about Dominion, I was really excited that there would be something other than normal Summoner's Rift and ranked Summoner's Rift to play whenever my friends decided to play LoL. The same old stuff gets a bit boring after awhile.

That was awhile ago, and I always figured that it would just come out eventually. I haven't had any expectations for a release date or anything, but once people started saying "shortly after PAX" and PAX came and went, I started to wonder to myself "so how long is shortly?".

It was around the beginning of the month that I started watching the QQ go by on the forums. I feel like my arguments were summed up pretty well by others, so I didn't feel the need to post. However, today I'm feeling quite bored thanks to a distinct lack of Dominion, so I'll contribute my (hopefully) unbiased rant. I'd just like to start by going over my observations of the general state of the forum. The average topic seems to go something like this:

OP: "Where is Dominion? Why hasn't Riot said anything? Why is what they have said so vague, and why can't they be straight up in an official post without doing random replies to forum topics with one sentence explanations the day of? i.e. 'shortly' after PAX; not the week of Sept 6th; not with the Riven patch."

Other concerned players: "I agree, Riot should make an official post ahead of time explaining the situation and informing everyone that Dominion will not come with this patch, and isn't planned to hit for X amount of time. That way at least nobody will get their hopes up."

The REAL forum trolls: "Get a life and stop worrying about Dominion. All you forum trolls do is sit there and QQ about everything. IT'S A FREE GAME! RIOT DOESN'T OWE YOU ANYTHING! QQ MOAR TROLLS!"

I wish I could say I had something more to add to that but that pretty much sums it up. Riot has been making posts in an attempt to communicate the situation, but they're scattered throughout the forums and not in official news topics. The vague release estimates such as "shortly after PAX" lead people to get their hopes up. Then, the day of the 6th, Phreak says in a random forum topic that they dropped the ball by not saying that there was no patch that week. They dropped the ball again this week in my opinion, by delaying the patch another day, and all the community got was a couple of random forum posts saying "Patch delayed one day to smooth out the process" and "Dominion not coming with Riven patch".

If you put that with the other information that's been given, i.e. "3 weeks until next patch after Riven", we can safely assume NOW that Dominion will not come out until October 4th. This could have been conveyed a lot sooner. Sure, maybe it was planned for the 6th and patch was delayed another week, or maybe it was planned for the 13th and pushed to the 14th, and couldn't make that deadline; but here we sit on the 14th and the patch is out and we're STILL left to speculate on the whereabouts of Dominion, or how long it'll be before we can play it.

Now, I'm just going to address the real forum trolls before I finish. I have no expectation for Dominion to release in any reasonable amount of time, and I never have. I am just of the opinion that even if it is a free game, the players still deserve to be informed. Riot hasn't made any promises, and they aren't obligated to do anything, but saying things like "soon after PAX" leads people to get their hopes up. The blow of disappointment would be far less if it was an official post saying "Dominion had to be delayed X amount of time because it wouldn't have been feasible to implement with this patch." or even "-because it didn't meet our standards.". Posting last minute one sentence updates on random forum topics isn't really the way to go about keeping a happy player base. It leaves this huge potential for misinformation and rumor. I think we can all agree that the community would be better without any of that.

I hope I could bring a modicum of intelligent argument to this forum. Thanks for reading.

TL;DR: WHERE IS DOMINION?!?!? ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д)ノ︵ ┻━┻

SEALLEADER

09-14-2011

Just about sums it up.

Anarii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

09-14-2011

0.o

Fyerguy

09-14-2011

i agree ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д)ノ︵ ┻━┻

Ez0 Prush

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2011

I also must agree... ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д)ノ︵ ┻━┻